Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC does not start.

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC does not start.

I had LR 5.7 not Cloud, so I installed LR 5 Cloud and had 2 pcs. LR 5 on the machine. Then I got the opportunity to update the LR CC, but it would not start after update, comes a flash then it is gone.

I Rebooting the computer, and deleted LR 5 and uninstalled CC and installed again without help.

What is wrong?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013)

2,7 GHz Intel Core i7 and 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, I just installed Lightroom CC for OS X Mavericks and I can see the splash screen for about 0,1 seconds and the nothing...

MBP 2010 with a SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. Can I ask you which kind of OS you are using on your Mac? I installed also on OS X Maverick. Cant open it. One second and after that it crushed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Now its ok

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Logging off worked! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks josepe18787595‌ ! Problem solved with this solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! You saved the day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the closing and opening bit several times.  Lightroom CC still will not open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks logging out then back in again solved the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

josepe18787595 Thank you! That solved my problem of seeing the icon bounce in Mac but then crashing. I can finally open the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution works for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 23, 2015 Apr 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much, I've looking to solve that issue for about 24 hours and thanks to your advice I was able to solve it as Lightroom CC is now working.

Jacques.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. It worked for me. I am a Windows 7 user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2015 Apr 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess someone did not restart or log in and out. But many did and still has the problem. Log out and in does not resolve the problem for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here running Mac OSX 10.8.5.  Have tried signing out of creative cloud, shutting down & restarting computer then signing into creative cloud and sill get just the flash screen for LR CC for just a second.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, except I don't see the splash screen at all. After starting the app via desktop item i get a window stating that I only have X days of trial period. When clicking "continue test" nothing happens.

I tried the suggested solution by and did a creative cloud client logout and login. This did not solve the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry it doesn't work for you guys.

Exactly what I did:

- Logout and log again.

- Tried to start lightroom cc and didn't started (but prompted again to log)

- Tried to start lightroom 5 and worked but after having to log on again.

- Tried lightroom cc again and it worked.

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Lightroom 5 installed any more. And I'm not able to reinstall since it was a cloud version as well. Using the install drop down menu to install an older version of lightroom does not work any more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think is not a problem of lightroom 5 but of activation of the software. Try starting photoshop or something else...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me.  I also deleted Lightroom 5 and reinstalled before I tried this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks that what work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem with CC on both my Windows 8 box and Mac OX 10.10. 

Looks like Adobe did not do their testing.  How the hell did this get past QA when the app will not even launch?  I have uninstalled all apps on all computers and reinstalled everything.. Still nothing.   What a waste and a joke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines