• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC won't open

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see from the forum that this is an issue.  Maybe Adobe will notice and work up some sort of fix.  I was able to download LR CC and it does show up in launchpad and it is on my computer, but when I try to open it, it acts like it is going to open, but then shuts down.  No error message or freezing, etc.  It just shuts down.  Any word from Adobe yet?  Has anyone found a fix for it?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Go to your CC app, go to the top right, left click and check preferences and then sign out, and then sign back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 163 Replies 163
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2015 Dec 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Visual C++ repair worked for me as well. Why I had to come here to find help rather than getting it directly from Adobe in their help files is beyond me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the correct solution for me.  Did a google search for the file, and after starting install, selected "repair"  Lightroom started right up.  What a complete waste of time.  Not sure who is at fault, MS or Adobe for not finding a solution to a known issue.

110. Re: Lightroom CC won't open

maussencCommunity Member

I had to install this Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4

and it started to run again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of all the solutions - this ('s solution) was the only one that worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have cancelled my payment. So long adobe. This issue and lack of response is ridiculous. I am not paying for nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌After  tearing my hair out for a day over this, including several removals and reinstalls of the entire CC system, including removing every reference I could find in the windows registry before reinstalling, the only way I could get things working was to restore a Macrium backup of my entire Windows system from early November. A regular Windows pre-upgrade restore failed to get Lightroom working. Now I suppose we can all life in fear of Windows 10 upgrades because CC will be crippled. The strange thing, as many of discovered, is that when it was broken LR wasn't even attempting to start. There was no trace of anything in Windows processes.  It was as if  Lightroom ceased  to exist. Even starting directly from the .exe file would not work. in my case, the strange blinking screen in Photoshop was also very odd. It wasn't the entire monitor that was blinking, only the area within Photoshop – – white to black and back about three times a second. It would only stop if I open a photo for the editing. What a mess!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being a sucker for punishment, I tried the Windows 10 upgrade (1511.10586) a second time after my restoring from my backup got LR working again. This time LR opens and seems to work fine. But the strange screen blinking in Photoshop continued--flashing white screen about three times a second. However, I have discovered that running the program as administrator gets rid of that problem. I can't say PS is problem free, because I haven't gotten around to using it with the latest Windows 10 upgrade. But for those who experience a similar problem, try running as administrator. This was not a problem for me before the latest Windows upgrade, so I have no idea what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Signing out and back in is not helping. It just won't start no matter what I do. I have customers waiting on me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See above for repairing or downloading Visual Studio C++ 2012.. that worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue but didn't happen till Windows 10 "upgrade".  Photoshop opens just fine.  Lightroom is like I never clicked the button.  Signed out and back into CC twice to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 23, 2015 Dec 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Replying to my own post...

"I downloaded the file from Download Visual C++ Redistributable para Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Downloa..., run it as administrator and chose "repair". That's all."

After second attempt to do the above and choosing x64 (not x84...), it worked.  Keeping fingers crossed that it will continue to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2015 Dec 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2016 May 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.....it has been very frustration....worked a treat

"I downloaded the file from Download Visual C++ Redistributable para Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Downloa..., run it as administrator and chose "repair". That's all."

After second attempt to do the above and choosing x64 (not x84...), it worked.  Keeping fingers crossed that it will continue to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2016 Jul 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally a fix that works! I've tried every fix i've seen adobe suggest, from logging out and in again to renaming folders, reinstalling and whatnots, this was the simple one click sollution i wanted!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you mind sharing the solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2016 Oct 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The C++ redistributable download solved my issue. Thanks so much for posting it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 26, 2015 Dec 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issue since the latest Win 10 update.  I have even did system restore to previous point, having the same response.  Reinstalled several times with no resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had Creative Cloud for a few months. I bought Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC and they worked fine until quite recently. I wasn't able to open either of them. I kept getting an error code when I opened Photoshop but it has now been resolved and now I can reopen it (although it took me several hours to find a way to fix it and now it says there are display problems so, even though it works, the display is quite different.) However, I just can't open Lightroom at all. It doesn't open and then immediately close, nor does it give me an error message. It just simply does not open at all. The loading icon appears next to my mouse but only for a second or two and that's it. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling everything to do with Adobe. I tried signing in and out of CC in the top right corner under preferences and I still can't get it to open. Can somebody help me please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2016 Jan 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you try Gregdiodati's solution in his post above regarding the Visual C++ fix, I believe it will resolve your problem,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's indeed silly but signing out / in again solves it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also got problems

Windows 10, sign out and in is not working, reinstalling several times, not working, cleared adobe OOBE and AAMUpdater and reinstall of creative cloud.

Nothing works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2016 Mar 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tryed the fix from Download Visual C++ Redistributable para Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Downloa...,

I open now but I have problems syncronising

But at least it opens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So LR had stopped opening for me as well since my latest Mac update 10.10.5. I have read through the above, the Visual C++ is only for windows, any suggestions for a Mac??

If I force quit it is visible in there but when I force quit and open it again it just bounces up and down and nothing more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've found that I have to log out/log in to CC.

I've asked Adobe to devout real engineering and UX resources to greatly improve install and upgrade processes.

To: Dave Butler <videoz9@yahoo.com>

Sent: Friday, March 25, 2016 8:37 PM

Subject: Re: - Lightroom CC won't open

#yiv8220101225 * #yiv8220101225 a #yiv8220101225 body {font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;}#yiv8220101225 #yiv8220101225 h1, #yiv8220101225 h2, #yiv8220101225 h3, #yiv8220101225 h4, #yiv8220101225 h5, #yiv8220101225 h6, #yiv8220101225 p, #yiv8220101225 hr {}#yiv8220101225 .yiv8220101225button td {}

|

Adobe Community

|

Lightroom CC won't open

reply from natalieh1820833 in Creative Cloud Download & Install - View the full discussionSo LR had stopped opening for me as well since my latest Mac update 10.10.5. I have read through the above, the Visual C++ is only for windows, any suggestions for a Mac??If I force quit it is visible in there but when I force quit and open it again it just bounces up and down and nothing more

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Adobe Community

Start a new discussion in Creative Cloud Download & Install by email or at Adobe Community

Following Lightroom CC won't open in these streams: Inbox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but I am not a member of CC, so not sure what to do??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's hardly a fix .. especially if it doesn't work .. well it doesn't work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines