• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC won't open

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see from the forum that this is an issue.  Maybe Adobe will notice and work up some sort of fix.  I was able to download LR CC and it does show up in launchpad and it is on my computer, but when I try to open it, it acts like it is going to open, but then shuts down.  No error message or freezing, etc.  It just shuts down.  Any word from Adobe yet?  Has anyone found a fix for it?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Go to your CC app, go to the top right, left click and check preferences and then sign out, and then sign back in.

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 163 Replies 163
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2015 Nov 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all the offered solutions including logging out of Creative Cloud and back, restart etc and none worked. I kept getting my Lightroom CC crashing immediately upon starting the app. All this started after I upgraded to OS X El Capitan. I have finally managed to get it working. I'm posting my solution here in case it can help someone else.

Go to your user> Library> Preferences folder and delete:

com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist

and any lockfiles with the same names. (I did not have any lockfiles with the same name but I guess you need to get rid of this too.)

To see the user Library, click the Go menu in the Finder and hold down the Option key and it will appear below the "Home".

Just to play it safe, I logged out of Creative Cloud and back in again before starting my Lightroom CC. I'm a happy camper again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2015 Nov 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work for me. After reboot, CC still will not open with double click in the Dock, but now will open from the dialog box if I hold down the mouse. When it does, the CC panel emanating from the Tool Bar is blank.

CC will not open from the Tool Bar icon; Mousing on it displays the same blank panel.

I can open both LR CC and PS CC from the Dock and they seem to work fine but I have lost all contact with CC. Why I have no idea.

Wish I could bet CC to work as advertised.

Help, please.

Bill

OS 10.11.1, Mac Pro Early 2009, 2.66 GHz Quad Core Intel Xeon, 12 GB RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've been trying to find a way around this problem for a week now, and I tried everything listed in this topic:

- signing out and back in from CC

- rebooting

- renaming / deleting the SLCache and SLStore folders

- checking my running tasks

- and all I could think about...

but I still can't manage to run Lightroom CC ! And it's turning me crazy.

My load of pictures waiting to be edited keeps getting bigger and bigger and I'm just here waiting for someone from Adobe to offer a proper fix for it...

Maybe one of you has an other fix for it? I'm running Windows 10 up-to-date.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried opening Task Manager (Ctrl-Alt-Del), Processes Tab, looking in Background processes, right click on any instances of Adobe Lightroom and click on End Task?

It worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, it's on the list of the things I already tried... I don't have any Adobe Lightroom entry in there.
Plus, even after restarting my computer and without launching any other app before I can't get Lightroom to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you seen that there has been a recent update (2015.3), which seemed to appear without any notification or alert in Adobe CC?

I downloaded it and upgraded it last week and only just realised that my problems with starting / restarting have all disappeared!

Roger

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2015 Nov 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have any problems restarting it as I can't even start it.

I've downloaded mine through Adobe CC so I guess it is the last released version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think Mac OS 10.11.1 has a Task Manager, at lest I have never heard of one.

Thanks,

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I had to format my hard drive and reinstall Windows 10 in order to make Lightroom work, good job Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 21, 2015 Dec 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to hear that... same thing started happening to me. Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2015 Dec 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are jumping to the end to find out what works, it was the reinstall Visual C++ on page 3. I tried everything else and NOTHING worked. I have a one month old computer running a clean install of Windows 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish people would stop posting saying logging in and out worked for them!

It did not work for me. Nor did deleting the cache as instructed. I was then prompted to reinstall Lightroom, which I did. I now have an old version of LR installed and CC will not update it or PS. Tried everything.

What the hell Adobe??? You caused this with your latest CC update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This solution is B---Sh--!!!!!  I have tried all the suggestions listed here and none of them work.  In addition the customer support is a joke.  If you stop your membership (which I did) no one will talk to you via chat until you pay up.  I stopped my membership because for at least 3 months, I could not access the programs I needed and felt I was paying for nothing.  Adobe does not want to hear from you.  They only want  your money. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unbelieveable!!!! This just happened to me. Windows 10 performed a major upgrade (the one where it installs Cortana for non-US customers) and now I cannot open Lightroom CC. I can  open Photoshop CC but the screen flashes alternating white and black. I signed out and back in again...same result. Uninstalled and reinstalled both apps..same result. Both were working fine this morning before the Windows updgrade because I was using both a few hours ago. They had both been upgraded to the latest versions before the Windows upgrade. Am I now totally screwed????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2015 Dec 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue post windows 10 upgrade - can open Photoshop but not LR, restart windows, logoff/on makes no difference. There is no process started in task manager. Uninstalled LR, then reinstalled and NO difference.  This was all working this morning post upgrade.  Why does PS work and not LR?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2015 Dec 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed mine.  Got adobe support on the job finally and all that was required was a repair to Visual C++ 2012.  I guess this runs the database backend?

Repair from 'programs and features', this didn't work so he got file from MS downloads and ran repair from that,  restart then all working.

Hope this works for any of you.

M

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded Visual C++ 2012 from Microsoft and ran repair worked for me as well.  Thanks Melbnz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2015 Dec 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to install this Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2012 Update 4

and it started to run again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2015 Dec 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Re-installing vcredist_x86.exe is the only solution that has worked for me (Windows 10, 64 bits).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may download Visual C++ Redistributable package from below link:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

This has been driving me crazy. Tried every single solution, and was on the verge to totally wipe my CC-apps before I saw this solution. It worked! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2015 Dec 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are a life saver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the file from Download Visual C++ Redistributable para Visual Studio 2012 Update 4 from Official Microsoft Downloa..., run it as administrator and chose "repair". That's all.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2015 Dec 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines