• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom does not open.. I uninstalled then reinstalled LR CC to no avail; I signed out of Creative Cloud I signed back in... NOTHING... NADA!!

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2015 Apr 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom does not open..  I uninstalled then reinstalled LR CC to no avail; I signed out of Creative Cloud I signed back in... NOTHING... NADA!!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please reboot the computer .

After rebooting , sign out from Creative Cloud and Sign in .

Then try to launch Lightroom cc 2015 .

Let me know if you still face same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here.

> After rebooting , sign out from Creative Cloud and Sign in .=

> Then try to launch Lightroom cc 2015 .

Didn't make any difference here. Mac OS 10.10.3, LR CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, Please follow below steps:

1) Right click on Finder icon and  select "Go-To" Folder option.
  2) You will get a text box, type-in below command and then hit 'Return' key.( Do not miss ~ symbol)

~/library

Under Library  , locate Preferences folder and open the same.

Then look for plist file for Lightroom application and move it to Desktop .

Make sure there is no Lightroom com.adobe plist present inside .

Then sign out from Creative Cloud and sign in and try to launch Lightroom application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look for file named com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist  under Preferences folder and move it to Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but getting rid of com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist didn't help, either. Tried variants like signing out, deleting prefs, rebooting, signing back in...same thing.

I noticed that shift-option when launching LR CC also asks if you want to trash the prefs - I think that does pretty much the same thing and that didn't help, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌I have encountered the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try with above steps and check once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌it correctEd the issue for me.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perfect!
You are most welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right click on the Preferences folder under ~/library  and select GetInfo option.

Expand the Sharing & Permissions section.

Click the lock icon in the lower-right corner. Enter your administrator user name and password when prompted, and then click OK.

Please click on '+' symbol , it will open list of user accounts.

Add all user accounts and then provide "Read & Write" permission to all user accounts.

Click the Gear icon, and select Apply to Enclosed Item. Close the Get Info dialog box.

Once you had provided read and write access to all users like Currently logged in user , Administrators, Staff...etc . reboot the computer again .

Sign out and Sign in to Creative Cloud and try to launch  Lightrom cc again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, no one should be required to make their preferences folder wide open to all users to get LR CC to work. I'm not going to try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[But thanks for your help so far]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, Provide read & write , to currently logged in user account and Administrator only and check.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current user and admin set to Read/Write, applied to enclosed items, rebooted, logged out and signed back into CC, same issue when launching LR CC. Splash screen flashes briefly and goes away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smekata,

Please make sure all the preferences file for Lighroom are removed from Preferences .

Then Sign out from Creative Cloud and Sign in.

Note : Do not try to launch Lightroom application from Appplications folder.

Important :

"Launch Ligthroom CC 2015 application , by double clicking on Lightroom cc 2015 option under Apps list in Creative Cloud application"  .

LRRR.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, but this did not resolve the issue, either.

FWIW, I can see various reports on other threads here and in other forums at other sites where logging out of CC, logging back in, and then opening via the App list in CC app doesn't help (although it does for seemingly the majority).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is getting resolved for other , hmm pretty mysterious issue :

Lightroom CC (2015) not updating LR5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it is headache to go through same process again.

Open Preferences folder and move all Lightroom prefernces file to Desktop.

Make sure that not even single Light room  prference files like com.adobe.lightoom.plist...etcare there inside Preferences folder.

Then reboot the computer and Sign out from Creative Cloud and Sign in and then try to Launch Ligthroom CC 2015 application , by double clicking on Lightroom cc 2015 option under Apps list in Creative Cloud application"  .

Still same issue ??

Remove Lightroom cc application and the reinstall the same from Creative Cloud.

Then try launching Lightroom cc 2015 from Apps list in CC app.

Still same issue?

If it is okay for you , you may try launching from Root user account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW, I uninstalled CC, and used the CC Cleaner tool (Use the CC Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems | CC, CS3-CS6) to clean up everything it showed, when through and wiped a bunch of additional preference files and /Library/Application Support/Adobe stuff, reinstalled CC and LR CC, and it works again. I inadvertently also wiped my LR5 library that I had just created from an Aperture library import...so I guess it's back to another day of redoing that! oops.

So no idea what item fixed it, but it was something of the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines