• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Downloader "Update Required" error.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

My partner is trying to run Lightroom Update Downloader to retrieve his files from the Adobe cloud.  He's running Windows 10 Home x64 21H2 with all updates installed as of this post.

We've tried setting the default browser to the latest versions of Chrome, Opera GX, Firefox, Edge and IE.  No joy,  Also tried applying the reg fix here https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/update-operating-system-and-browser.html?internal_browser...  - No joy.  Also tried the fix mentioned here https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate-discussions/update-required-your-browser-or-operating-syste... but the file paths do not exist. Created the path and placed the EXE mentioned in the attached txt file but again , no joy.

Always getting the Update Required error regardless of anything we try.  If anyone has any ideas it would be helpful.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

OK, I figured it out.  Turns out that Lightroom Downloader REQUIRES Creative Cloud to be installed.  The error message is very unclear and misleading - Adobe, please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, I said Lightroom Update Downloader - I meant just Lightroom Downloader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I figured it out.  Turns out that Lightroom Downloader REQUIRES Creative Cloud to be installed.  The error message is very unclear and misleading - Adobe, please fix this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing creative cloud did not work for me. I am on windows 11 with edge, firefox.  still not working. I got an email stating that I have images in lightroom but I have not used lightroom since 2010. So I would love to see what adobe has of mine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2022 Feb 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I have the same problem. Don't work after instal Adobe Creative Cloud. One Adobe Support Agente made a 1 hour remote access on my PC and can't figure out a way to install Adobe Lightroom Downloader. I will lost my files in the next few days, tks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines