• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locked CS2 activation code [CS2 is dead and gone]

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i got a new computer and now adobe is asking for an activation code?  help please.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2019 Jul 25, 2019

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct -- Adobe is rich, greedy, arrogant, and does not want your business unless you are a well-to-do professional designer. I own both CS2 and CS4, and Adobe staff tell me that I can longer use either one after replacing the disk drive in my computer.. Either (or both) will run fine under Windows 10. I will not return as an Adobe customer. I can only hope that all their customers move elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2020 Jan 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

15 million Creative Cloud subscribers don't agree with you.  But that's neither here nor there.

"I own both CS2 and CS4, and Adobe staff tell me that I can longer use either one after replacing the disk drive in my computer."

Unless there is something you're not telling us,  CS4 should work on Win10.  Do you have a valid individual serial number and the original CS4 installation media?   Given it's advanced age, it may not work perfectly but it should work reasonably well.  

CS1, CS2, and CS3 are officially dead.

================

Beware of fake Adobe reps offering to sell you software or take control of your computer.  It's a scam.  Run away!

3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff

https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And that "15 million Creative Cloud subscribers don't agree with you" is both arrogant and wrong. An enormous number of those subscribers are employees (who subscribed because their job required it, not because they wanted to), students  (who subscribed because their college professors required it, not because they wanted to) or individuals who had been using Adobe products from the past and YOU DISCONTINUED THEIR PREVIOUS VERSIONS AND LEFT THEM NO CHOICE!

Don't kid yourself Nancy... very few of that 15 million subscribers are satisfied happy customers.

And if your company wasn't so arrogant... it could be 19 million.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be aware that these are user-to-user forums and most people posting here don't work for Adobe.

Unless a poster has the words "Adobe Employee" next to their avatar, they are a forum volunteer and Adobe end user, just like you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines