• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] Why is Captivate not part of Creative Cloud?

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is Adobe Captivate not part of Creative Cloud?

It seems it would be a great addition to workflows that require screen capture + publishing. As a creative, I often need to integrate screen capture videos in projects such as trailers, web site or application videos, or simply product presentation. Unless explained, I just don't see why it's not part of the Cloud package...  Now I have to consider buying Camtasia or using crappy freewares...

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Captivate is convenient  to use for e-Learning projects but it's not the only tool available to us.  As Full Creative Cloud Plan members, we have access to all the products we need to create rich multi-media and e-Learning content providing we have the coding skills and know-how for it.

If Adobe wants to keep Captivate (formerly called e-Learning Suite) as a separate product offering, that's their prerogative.  There may well be contractual / legal reasons for this that we as product users kno

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 195 Replies 195
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wholeheartedly agree that Captivate should be part of the Creative Cloud. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 28, 2016 Feb 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't care what we think. They've proved it for years now. Captivate is apparently a money-maker, and that's all that counts. I guess that's America. Or the world.

I wish a concern for education entered into it, but it doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2016 Apr 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you know, that appears to be the sentiment that many adobe customers share 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 28, 2016 Apr 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has Adobe given any reason for not including Captivate in CC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it to be corporate greed in a nutshell.

I have a search set up to check every day for a replacement. I don't use the other Creative Cloud Apps much, and can live without them.

I live for the day that I can dissociate myself from Adobe. I don't find them to be a friendly company, nor a company that gives a damn about its users.

I've been around for five years, and have have had some good outcomes. But I can't wait to UNLOAD it!

I know that day will come, because that's how it goes on the internet.

I look forward to the downfall of Adobe Captivate. And I do believe it will come, due to its non-inclusion in the Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's not get out of hand, here.  People tend to throw around "corporate greed" these days whenever they don't get what they want, regardless of whether what they want is reasonable or not.  For $50 a month, Adobe is giving us 20 useful applications.  All 20 of those applications take a huge investment in development costs, and at $2.50 per app, that's not a ton of money they're getting out of each user.  It has to make financial sense for them to roll Captivate in.   For my part, Adobe CC has been a fabulous deal and has been instrumental in letting me build my business for a minimum of up front cost.  It has never been more affordable to enter the media production business than it is now, and Adobe has been a big part of that.

If you don't use CC, you can ditch it.  Captivate is only $30/month, twenty less than the full CC sub.

If you really hate Adobe, you can use Articulate Storyline, it appears to be a popular competitor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree..mostly...

I think the issue comes with ambiguous statements or even poorly managed expectations. I really did think being a CC member meant getting the entire suite of Adobe creative apps.

I don't feel ripped off that Captivate isn't included and I'd love to have it included, but the annoyance is really only that I expected it to be and it's not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2016 Apr 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add my vote!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 07, 2016 Apr 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that my expectations were thrown off by not having access to Adobe Captivate as part of the Creative Suite. The only reason I'm willing to pay the monthly cost is because I know that in a situation I need an application that I usually don't use, all I have to do is click "download" and it's there. This has been very helpful for video/audio editing, which I don't do very often, and I'm really surprised that I there are no solutions for screen capture, which seems like a relatively basic function (compared to Premiere Pro, Photoshop, etc.). If Captivate won't be included in the CC, at least include some program that can do basic screen/audio capture. It's not worth it for me to pay a separate monthly fee for access to a program I will use very rarely.

Because of this ordeal, it makes it harder for me to recommend Create Cloud to friends and coworkers who are still holding on to previous Creative Suites. The biggest plus is "you have access to all the creative apps," but I can no longer say that that's true. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2016 Apr 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

count my vote in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2016 Jun 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the voting link says it's an unauthorized page and I cannot vote... is there a newer link????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2016 Jun 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding my vote here because the original link no longer works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 20, 2016 Jul 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got my vote to add Captivate to CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2016 Jul 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add my vote. Captivate should be part of CC!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO. Because Adobe Captivate, despite being an eLearning creation tool in one of the largest employment sectors in the world (training), isn't marketed at all by Adobe.  Want proof? Try to find any reference to it all on Adobe.com. Anywhere. Without using the search function, that is. Good luck.

Photoshop? InDesign? Illustrator? Sure. Heck - there are beta and preview programs in the Creative Cloud:
Adobe Creative Cloud desktop apps | Adobe Creative Cloud

This isn't anything new - it's always been this way. Wish they'd resurrect Fireworks but that'll never happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2016 Aug 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the forum link no longer works. so I add my vote to this forum. it makes little sense from a user experience perspective not to include screen capture software side-by-side the other creative software in CC.  thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2016 Aug 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did we ever get an answer from ADOBE why Captivate is such a precious commodity that they cannot allow to have it be a part of the Creative Cloud? Come on ADOBE we the users demand it! Make Captivate accessible to masses or, at the very least, update Premiere to have the simple feature of recording screen grabs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2016 Aug 23, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

count me in.  should be part of cc as i use virtually none of the other products but still pay the $$

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2017 Feb 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2016 Oct 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link doesn't work - I agree and just had the same experience. I can't understand why they wouldn't put it in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2016 Oct 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with most of the comments here. I would like to see Adobe Captivate as part of the Creative Cloud account. The fact that it isn't, and the fact that this thread has been basically ignored by Adobe, is concerning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll throw my vote in too although it doesn't look like it will do a whole lot of good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I'd share my workaround. If you just want basic screen capture and have Office 365 you can do a Skype for Business meeting with yourself and record it.  Skype for Business comes with all of the enterprise level Office 365 subscriptions, and the University ones, etc. It is not the regular skype - it's the Microsoft net-meeting version that they now re-labeled skype for business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2016 Nov 09, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good question.
I assumed it would be free since i subscribe to the entire Adobe package... Weird.
However there is a good free software,called ezvid. I use this and I edit my films in Adobe Premiere.
So there is a way....But yea, I was not happy to find out that captive cost money >(
60 dollar/month, or whatever I pay is allot. :S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Adobe please add Captivate to the Creative Cloud!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines