• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Missing the Adobe PCD folder

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2013 Jun 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am getting configuration error 16, and the solution is to change permissions on the Adobe PCD folder... however, I don't have that folder.

And before you ask, I also missing the SLStore folder...

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy which operating system are you using?  It sounds like you may have hidden files turned on which could be preventing you from locating the proper directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff:

Sorry, I should have known to include that information. I'm on Mac Mountain Lion... and if this is any help, I do beta test most of the Adobe apps.

I did a terminal procedure

defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true

killall Finder

And then checked the proper folder in the library: Library>Application Support>Adobe, and still do not see either of the folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andy it appears that you have identified the correct directory.  If you are unable to locate the Adobe PCD and SLStore folder then I would recommend working with our support team directly.  For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/yxj0t6.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issue you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool... Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feel free to post the case number from your interaction.  I would be interested to review the results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 29, 2013 Jun 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well... first off, I forget to get the case number... I did get with someone at Adobe who took over my computer, and for about thirty minutes began changing permissions on my folders... Even on hard drives that had nothing to do with the problem. Anyway, we still got the dreaded 16 error. As he was hanging up with me, he/she said that I need to uninstall/reinstall all the apps... which I have done twice now, with the same results.

For the past 6 hours I have be modifying permissions, and trying over and over again, with the same results.

I have two books I'm trying to get out, plus an elearning series on Dreamweaver, and I'm stuck with this dang ERROR 16.

The thing of it is, is that I didn't do anything, I just woke up one morning, and there it was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Andy you might want to try logging in as Root and running the applications there.  It should help you determine if it is a file permission based issue.  You can find more information on how to log in as Root at Enabling and using the "root" user in Mac OS X - http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1528.

I reviewed case 184453942 and it appears that it has been escalated.  A member of our support team should also be contacting you to assist with your difficulties.  You may want to verify that your contact information is current under your account at http://www.adobe.com/.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2013 Jun 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks... I'll try logging in as root...

We had some storms through the area, and my internet is a bit spotty, at best. It was off all of today (Sunday), and I just got back online.

I will say that I have an aux hard drive, that has my old CS6 stuff on it, so when I attempted to upload CC applicataions, they worked. As far as I can tell, permissions are the same. However, since computers are rather logical, there must be something different going on between the two drives.

I would hate to have to transfer all of my stuff to the old drive, and then load all the CC apps, but I might have to, just to keep on schedule with my publishers... It's probably something supreamly simple, I'm just not seeing it.

Oh, and my account information is up to date... appreciate all of your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI: When I log in as 'root' I no longer receive Error 16...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Andy then it does appear you are facing a file permission issues with your current User account.  I don't recall but did you try creating a new local administrator account?  If not then you may want to try running the software under the new account and seeing if the file permission issue is resolved.  If so then you may be able to simply copy over your documents and settings to the new account and use the software there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the exact same issue and the proposed solution is not helpful to me. This must be a common issue for people so I am shocked that given it has been a year since this question was posted that the tips for dealing with a code 16 on mac os hasn't been updated. I was using photoshop cs5 yesterday on my imac running os mavericks and now I can't access it. Error code 16, I check the adobe folder in app support, no PCD or SLStore folder. I ran the show hidden files function in terminal (yes, I changed the case of the f because I'm in mavericks). Nothing has been changed on the computer since yesterday and yet this has cropped up. I do not want to run it as root nor do I want to make a new user area. I checked the photoshop folder and its permissions were weird - read only for non-admin, so I changed that. It didn't help. There must be a solution to this at this point. I can't contact live support since I'm not on current version, and the only applicable forum post appears to be this one.

Please help this is a massive issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waggywag the Adobe PCD and SLStore folders contain the licensing files.  If your software has been licensed previously then those folders should exist.

If the solutions within this discussion are not resolving your issue then I would recommend starting a new discussion with the exact specifics of the error which you are experiencing and the steps you have implemented to resolve the error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

The software is fully licensed and has been ever since it was installed roughly five years ago. I've created a new question in the CS forums, but I'm pretty amazed that there isn't a solution posted up on the adobe page, this can't be an uncommon problem.

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.

Mavericks.

Lightroom CC.

I get error code 5, but proposed solution is the same.

Can't locate PCD or SLStore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 07, 2014 Jul 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For future viewers of this discussion if you are facing difficulties locating the Adobe PCD and SLStore folder then please contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2016 Jan 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did, same issues here, asking the same questions everyday, tried 5 days of installing, unistalling, installing. i'm done... Why need an "app" to open/download programms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is old but miught aswell just incase someone else needs the help, I was having the same issue, turns out, i just have to go to the folder inside my program files, and rigth click and run the application as administrator, and that seemed to have resolved the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2018 Aug 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got mine and ran into this problem, I am using Windows 10 and the fix was going into folder "Programs" right click on the app, Compatibility (tab), and click "Run this program as administrator."

This fixed LR classic and LR cc for me.

Hope that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2019 Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is the only thing that worked for me.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines