• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Adobe application manager is corrupted and I need to contact support! How???

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe application manager is corrupted and I need to contact support! How do I do that. I keep getting sent here???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Feb 21, 2013 Feb 21, 2013

Hi there,

You can download the latest version of Adobe Application Manager from the below link:

http://www.adobe.com/applicationmanagerpatch/index.html

If you are still facing any issues, please let us know the exact error message that you are receiving and the System details like the Platform and its version.

Regards,

Jairaj

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 07, 2013 May 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I pasted %temp%\AdobeDownloads\ into an Explorer window and received the error, "Windows can't find 'C:\Users\ADMINI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeDownloads'. Check the spelling and try again."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacLesNL VMs in general aren't supported by our support team.  You can find more details at Technical support boundaries for virtualized or server-based environments - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/technical-support-boundaries-virtualized-or.html.

The solutions offered in this discussion thread should work for a normal installation of Windows.  There could be additional configuration options within your Virtual Machine which could lead to unexpected difficulties.

Dominik Hoffman I am sorry I am still not clear if you are using a virtual machine and are receiving any additional errors beyond the Download Error posted by Keith in message #4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Yes, I am using Parallels 8 with Windows 7. No, I am not seeing any errors additional to Message 4 in this thread.

I'd love to help track down the issue. Do the log files help? If so, could you please provide a detailed path of where to find them?

There is a clause in that support boundaries document you cite that states, "If the issue is not reproducible there, then it is most likely a problem in the virtualization product. Seek assistance from the vendor of the virtualization solution." There is another distinct possibility, namely that a bug in the Adobe software is only exposed in the virtual enviroment.

By the way, I don't have access to a native installation of Windows, currently.

Yours,

Dominik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dominik the download logs can be found at %temp%\AdobeDownloads\.  In specific the files you are looking for is as follows:

LBS.log

DLM Native.log

AdobeDownload_{SessionID which is a series of alphanumeric codes}.log

You then will want to look for error and failed within the log file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Message 25 I state the error I get, when I try to go to that location. What's wrong with that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would seem to indicate you are facing problems contacting our server.  You may want to run through the steps listed at Sign in or activation errors | CS6, CS5.5 Subscriptions, CS6 Perpetual - http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/activation-network-issues.html to help ensure your Windows VM is configured to allow access to Adobe's servers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was looking around, because nowwhere before does it mention %temp%\AdobeDownloads\ Based on the error that comes back, I decided to turn on hidden files in Windows (Just type Hidden Files in the searchbox) and go see this AdobeDownloads folder. It is not there. In other threads relating to this issue, they talk about files in the

C\User\Username\Appdata\Local\AAMUpdater\1.0\ folder.

One of the logs here gives the following errors:

05/07/13 21:53:09:554 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1968 | >>> Adobe Updater Log Begin >>>

05/07/13 21:53:09:554 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1968 | UpdaterCoreImpl::InitLogFile : Application Version 7.0.0.63

05/07/13 21:53:09:554 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1968 | UpdaterCoreImpl::InitLogFile : cmdline option --> -logFile = C:\Users\guy\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater\1.0\aamu.log

05/07/13 21:53:09:562 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1968 | UpdaterCoreImpl::InitLogFile : cmdline option --> -logLevel = 2

05/07/13 21:53:09:562 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1968 | Stepped into << UCInitialize >> call

05/07/13 21:53:09:562 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1968 | UCInitialize : AAM is launched via CCM.

05/07/13 21:53:09:562 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1968 | Stepped into << UCSetUpdateEnginePath >> call

05/07/13 21:53:39:599 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1968 | UCSetUpdateEnginePath : WARNING - Update engine executable signature is not valid = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core\..\CCM\..\UWA\Adobe Application Manager (Updater).exe

05/07/13 21:53:39:599 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1968 | Returning from << UCSetUpdateEnginePath >> call error = 26 retVal = 0

05/07/13 21:53:39:599 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1968 | UCInitialize: Failed to set update engine path

05/07/13 21:53:39:599 | [INFO] |  | UPDATER | CORE |  |  |  | 1968 | Returning from << UCInitialize >> call error = 26 retVal = 1

It is not strange that the AdobeDownloads folder is not there, since the Adobe Application Manager never has a chance to start. This is NOT a notwork error in the classical sense because I am able to download InDesign and all other Updates from Windows, visit every website.

Don't get me wrong, I fully realize that VM's are not supported. But I can name you 20 consultants who ALL run in a VM. Heck, even I ran this SAME Windows 7 version, with Parallels 7 AND 8, half a year ago, untill I had to start fresh 3 weeks ago. I CAN download InDesign, install it and activiate it with my Creative Cloud account, but I can't update them. The error is above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacLesNL it is difficult to tell without looking at the entire log but it looks like the updater component is not responding with the correct signature.  I haven't looked at this particular error previously.  Do you have any other more revealing errors within your download folder.

Also please make sure you have completed the steps listed in message #8 and #30.  Message #30 is even more important as it details common causes which can prevent the Adobe Application Manager from contacting Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This part of the log is the only one that from a troubleshooting standpoint stands out.

Step #8 has been done, but I have also -like i stated previously- started with a blank install and made sure that the Applicaton Manager was the first thing I downloaded after making sure Windows was completely up to date.

I will take another look at steps 30, and post back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For completenes' sake, I have gone through and checked every step as per #30, and my Windows Firewall is off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacLesNL can you also check to see if you can access the following server addresses and ports:

ccmdls.adobe.com:443

ims-na1.adobelogin.com:443

na1r.services.adobe.com:443

prod-rel-ffc-ccm.oobesaas.adobe.com:443

lm.licenses.adobe.com:443

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2013 May 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ccmdls.adobe.com:443

Acces denied error.

ims-na1.adobelogin.com:443

Opens up to a white page.

na1r.services.adobe.com:443

Opens up to a white page

prod-rel-ffc-ccm.oobesaas.adobe.com:443

Page not reachable error

lm.licenses.adobe.com:443

Congratulations-message

All sites I also tested in Safari on my mac, same results.

Thanx for your effort!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the same msg that "Adobe Manager... is corrupt" and I used the link to dwnld Creative Cloud: http://www.adobe.com/applicationmanagerpatch/index.html. I run /installed the exe. file as an administrator. This worked perfectly. I am using windows 7.

Very simple.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2013 Sep 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you interested, I posted some insight in this thread.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1239962

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2014 Sep 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem for me was that adobe application manager wasn't running with administrative privileges.

Steps:

1. Wen't there : C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core

2. Right clicked PDapp.exe and checked the box for administrator privileges

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2015 Feb 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2015 Apr 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem, i can't find the installation in my folders so i can't apply yousson's fix.

Upon activating the downloaded flash player exe all i get is a blank (white) Adobe Download Manager.

I am trying to install a new version of flash player on my pc so i can turn the off the inbuilt flashplayer in chrome since it's incredibly slow. A couple days ago the "pc" version of flash player was suddenly gone from the chrome plugins page.

Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines