• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need authorization code for CS2

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had to reinstall all applications after restoring Win10, and I have my CS2 Standard disks; installation itself went fine. But I need the Photoshop CS2 authorization code and the website instructions don't provide the 20-number code, they just send me to the same error message. Live Chat sent me over here. I've been trying to solve this all day. Please somebody help me...

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 07, 2018 Dec 07, 2018

See here and use the new serial number you will be provided :

Download Adobe Acrobat 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 2 products

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here and use the new serial number you will be provided :

Download Adobe Acrobat 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 2 products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Peru Bob,

I appreciate the link suggestion, but I've been there making several attempts today and it doesn't seem to complete the last step of providing the 20-digit authorization code even though the instructions say it will. If it's there and I'm overlooking it, I'd love to hear what I've missed. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do the instructions mention an authorisation code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John, everything I've done today - including the Live Chat correspondence, and Peru Bob's message, as well as prompts from adobe.com tell me to go to that page to resolve the problem, the problem being that my installed PS CS2 requires an Auth Code. I've been instructed many times today to go to that page, but so far that page hasn't offered an auth code. The Live Chat helper took 19 minutes of typing back and forth about my credentials to determined that I was authorized to get a code, but then said to go to that page. I feel like I'm missing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I presume that you have installed CS2 from your existing disks? That will not work.

Several years ago, Adobe shut down the CS2 activation servers. So your CS2 is trying to communicate with a server which no longer exists. Uninstall your CS2.

Then go to that page and download the new non-activation CS2 from the links provided.

You must also discard your existing CS2 serial number. That will no longer work either. Use the new non-activation serial number provided at the same link where you downloaded the non-activation CS2 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danield76683781, sorry for any confusion you are facing while reinstalling Photoshop CS2.  Please use the new installation files and serial number referenced by PeruBob in message #1 of this public forum discussion.  The activation server for CS2 was shut down so you will no longer be able to use the activating version of the software that is contained on the CD.

You will need to remove the current installation of CS2 Design Standard, prior to installing the non-activating version of CS2 Design Standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I thought I had done that but maybe the old CD version is still there rather than the non-activation CS2. That uninstall won't jeopardize my INDD CS5.5 installation which is working fine?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only effect might be file associations if you have InDesign CS2 installed.  Otherwise, there should be no effect, Danield76683781.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to everyone who responded. It looks like my uninstall didn't take the first time around, and just now I have gotten the solution. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this link and there was no reference to downloads for CS2 only Cloud apps.   Jan. 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

CS3 and earlier are COMPLETELY DEAD products

There are NO downloads and the activation server has been removed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines