• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NEED HELP WITH ADOBE DOWNLOAD ASSISTANT

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EVERYTHING I TRY TO DOWNLOAD MY TRAIL VERSION OF ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS CS5. OK THE ADOBE DOWNLOASD ASSISTANT DOWNLOAD. BUT WHEN I CLICK IT. IT OPENS A NEW FOLDER THAT HAVE THE ADOBE ASSISTANT IN IT. SO I CLICK ON THE ASSISTANT . AND IT ASK ME DO I WANT TO OPEN IT, I CLICK YES. AND THEN IT COMES ON MY DOCK. AND THEN AFTER I CLICK OPEN. IT JUST DISAPEAR FROM MY DOCK. AND DON'T OPEN. I HAD IT WORKING LAST NIGHT.

I TRY TO DOWNLOAD IT OVER.

I NEED HELP QUICK. I HAVE A PROJECT DUE TOMMORROW. PLEASE HELP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEEDHELPQUICK For the best assistance, I recommend our chat support at http://adobe.ly/tl8Vx7.  Our chat representatives can provide a personalized experience to resolve the issues you have described.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2011 Dec 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, right.  I spent an hour trying on 'chat' and got nowhere.  They don't seem to know anything about the dl assistant.

I tried to install from here:

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=flash

the dl assistant comes up and it downloads cs5 flash pro and then prompts me that my system is due for a 'restart' which I select 'ignore'.  Then it starts the installation and part way thru it prompts me to terminate ie and chrome.  Okay, soon as I do that the installation terminates altogther and I have to start all over.  Since it takes a long time to dl each time, all i want to know is where did the 'exe' go.  when the install starts it seems to be running something called pdapp.  i can't find the trial exe.  i did this yesterday with the flash builder and everything worked as expected but it looks to work completely diff with flash pro.  Why???  Where is the exe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for nothing.  I figured this out on my own.  The download assistant puts flash pro in the 'program files' folder.  So why did it prompt for a dl folder and why does it do this??  geez 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, I'm really glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue. However, I'm not so happy to hear that you had a lousy experience--and not just with the software, but also with chat. We can take a closer look at what went wrong on our side. If you have any other info to share, feel free. (And we really are trying hard to improve the download experience.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines