• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to Deactivate CS6 on Dead Computer

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The laptop that I downloaded my copy of CS6 onto recently broke. Can my old computer be deactivated so that I can install my software on my new laptop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

CS6 and earlier programs have not been tested and will not be updated for Mac El Capitan/Sierra

-which means that you try to use CS6 and earlier at YOUR risk of having problems

-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're allowed two installations/activations at any one times so you can try installating and activating on your new laptop.

if you see an excess activation counter message, you'll need to deactivate on your broken computer.  you can do that by, using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html and request an activation count reset.

you must rapidly make it clear you want that reset or support will redirect you back here saying they no longer support cs6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this information. I will likely remove the computer, but moved forward to installing CS6 on my new computer first. Unfortunately, I am having issue...

I have twice tried downloading the software to install it on my laptop--while I have the CDs, there is no disk drive on the machine--and I keep getting an error message. I downloaded the Mac version linked on your site here: Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications

The message I am getting says: We've encountered the following issues: Installer failed to initialize. This could be due to a missing file. Please download Adobe Support Advisor to detect the problem."

I see no trace of this download on your website.

Please advise....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 and earlier programs have not been tested and will not be updated for Mac El Capitan/Sierra

-which means that you try to use CS6 and earlier at YOUR risk of having problems

-https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines