• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Not able to open Premiere Pro project created in a newer version of Premiere Pro

Explorer ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated premiere on my other computer and tried to do so on a different computer because I couldn't open the project that was edited on the other computer because it said it was created with a newer version of premiere.

So on my current computer I tried to update premiere so I could open my project but the adobe application updated says its up to date.

This cannot be true, as I can't open the "newer" version from the other computer.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Karaherold what type of a Creative Cloud membership are you utilizing?  If you have an individual membership then please utilize the steps listed in Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps to remove the current installation of Premiere Pro CC 2017.

Once removed you can then reinstall Premiere Pro CC 2017 using the directions at Download and install Creative Cloud apps​ to complete the installation process.  As part of the installation process all available updates will be downloaded and applied.

I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's just a warning.  you can open that file as long as it's some cc version.

to view updates in the cc desktop app, click the gear icon at the upper right > click check for app updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is  I can't open a file that was created in a "newer" version of premiere,

yet my version of premiere says its up to date.

So why can't I update my premiere when there is a newer version out there . Both computers are running the the 2017Creative Cloud.

My update panel says there are no newer versions.

Does this make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies,  contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here and, when available, click 'still need help', http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Please try to update the drivers of the computer on which you aren't able to open your project. As in premiere DLL ("dynamic link library") are used as a file type and such files are small programs, similar to EXE ("executable") file. Premiere.dll errors can be related to corrupt or outdated device drivers. Drivers can work one day, and suddenly stop working the next day, for a variety of reasons. The good news is that you can often update the device driver to fix the DLL problem.

Also, let us know if there is any error when you are trying to open the project on the second computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you on MAC ,Windows ? Which version ? Which Premiere pro version do you have on both machines ( 2013 , 2014 , 2015 2017 )?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both machines are MAC running 2017 Creative cloud. Once computer is running 11.1.1

The other computer that says its up to date is 11.0. I’ve already tried to update it through the updater.

How can I update this computer to the same as the other one if it says its up to date.

Thanks for your help.

Kara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both machines are MAC running 2017 Creative cloud. Once computer is running 11.1.1

The other computer that says its up to date is 11.0. I’ve already tried to update it through the updater.

How can I update this computer to the same as the other one if it says its up to date.

Thanks for your help.

Kara

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the machine where you have the version 11.0 ,when you go on Premiere help menu ,the update option is available or grayed out ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT is available. I click to update and it says all applications are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Karaherold what type of a Creative Cloud membership are you utilizing?  If you have an individual membership then please utilize the steps listed in Uninstall or remove Creative Cloud apps to remove the current installation of Premiere Pro CC 2017.

Once removed you can then reinstall Premiere Pro CC 2017 using the directions at Download and install Creative Cloud apps​ to complete the installation process.  As part of the installation process all available updates will be downloaded and applied.

If the update continues to apply then please review the install log file to determine why the update is not installing.  For details on how to review the install log please see Creative Cloud download and install errors​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone for your help.  I was able to upgrade to the latest version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent.  Thank you for the update Karaherold!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines