• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 5 choppy during zoom with scroll wheel

Participant ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So after a agonizing weekend of talking to Adobe suport to get photoshop installed because they sent me the wrong version and horrible customer service (thanks adobe), I finally get to start using photoshop and it's just buggy as heck. Wierd jerky motions and a lot of spinning wheels. I have a macbook pro early 2010 3.06 processor with 6gb of ram on os x 10.6.8.

Well the photoshop is choppy and horrible when using the scroll wheel to zoom. I opened the same document in CS4 and it was fine smoothly scrolling in and out as slow or fast as I wanted. CS5 is jerky zooming 20% every time I move my finger on the mouse.  It is driving me crazy!@!

I adjusted all of the openGL setting, memory, etc, etc and nothing helps. I can't imagine that photoshop would be worse when it is supposidly an "upgrade", but I'm so pissed off that I might just go back ot CS4 until I get this figured out.

Another Adobe product that is buggy as heck, but this has been around for almost a year, so please tell me how to fix it. Is there an update i don't kow about or SOMETHING?!?!

I did a search, but when i foudn someone with the same issue, it was not answered...

Adobe, you need to make better products.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2011 Dec 07, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paul Campagna I apologize for the experience you had regarding support.  For performance issues though I would recommend that you post to our Photoshop Macintosh forum.  This forum is designed to deal with a variety of topics surrounding the application itself including performance related concerns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not performance, it's a missing feature and adjustments (if I can get it to work right) I need to have the selection tool active and be able to zoom wiht the scroll wheel! (even if the srolling is choppy) I need it to zoom in and out, with the scroll wheel, while the select tool is active!

The scrubby zoom is smooth and it's nice, but the choppy scroll wheel zoom and no zoom when the select tool is active are deal breakers for this software! You guys try to cram as much stuff in the program as possible, but if you take things away, it pissed people off. If there is a way to to scroll zoom on while i have the select tool down, then tell me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2011 Dec 08, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Paul I would still recommend posting your inquiry to the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines