• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop 7.0

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bought version 7.0 years ago. Its not installed on my new computer; I don't have the discs anymore, but the serial number.

Later I bought CS premium update.

I can't use the update discs since I no longer have the original disc PS 7.0.

Is it possible to download PS 7.0 and then update (as I wrote, I have the original serial number)

Thanks,

Hakon

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Adobe disabled the activation servers for photoshop cs/cs2 programs, so even if you had success installing photoshop cs from your original disks and are able to use your ps 7 upgrade serial, photoshop cs still won't be able to activate and you'll only get 30 days to use your photoshop cs.

Adobe provuides a non activation version of photoshop cs2 to replace legacy photoshop cs/cs2 versions along with a new serial number.

Activation server shut down for Creative Suite 2, Acrobat 7, and Macromedia products

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the original serial  number that should be sufficient to install and activate the newer version... unless it is too old and they doidn't follow the normal scheme back then.  If the normal scheme is still applicable for those older versions then, then when you install and activate the newer version it will ask for both its own serial number (CS) and the serial number of the qualifying version (PS7).

Upgrades/new versions are full versions, they do not add onto/rely on older versions - they are completely self-sufficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe disabled the activation servers for photoshop cs/cs2 programs, so even if you had success installing photoshop cs from your original disks and are able to use your ps 7 upgrade serial, photoshop cs still won't be able to activate and you'll only get 30 days to use your photoshop cs.

Adobe provuides a non activation version of photoshop cs2 to replace legacy photoshop cs/cs2 versions along with a new serial number.

Activation server shut down for Creative Suite 2, Acrobat 7, and Macromedia products

Download Adobe Acrobat 7 and Adobe Creative Suite 2 products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing i forgot is if you have a mac os newer than Snow Leopard then photoshop cs2 won't work because cs2 requires a PowerPC processor and newer macs use an Intel processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines