• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PhotoShop CS5 transfer to new computer

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Years ago I bought a new MAC desktop computer from Apple with an installed PhotoShop CS5.  I've been using it for years.

I have now bought I higher end windows laptop and Adobe is saying the registration # on my MAC version of the software is invalid and won't even help .. of course their suggestion is to sign up for the monthly subscription  but I don't use it enough.

I want to keep using CS5 as it is what I'm use to using.

Am I snookered ... hopefully someone here can help.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

@RaceMedic 

you would need a windows (not mac) serial number to install cs5 on a win 11 computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what os is on the computer you're trying to install cs5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2023 Sep 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bundled software usually can not be used on a different computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When one originally bought CS5 you either got a license for Mac or Windows, but not both unless you

bought a license for each.

If one wanted to switch from say Mac to Windows, Adobe could do what they called a

Platform Exchange, however, since CS5 is long out of support Adobe no longer offers it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/exchange-product-language-os.html

Other than signing up for a Photography subscription that includes both Photoshop and

Lightroom for around $10 a month you could try Adobe Photoshop Elements.

https://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohhh .. I thought it was a lot more than $10 a month ...thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the details of the Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RaceMedic 

you would need a windows (not mac) serial number to install cs5 on a win 11 computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As others have mentioned the old licenses were specific to the OS. But even if stayed on the Mac platform, the CS5 version was 32-bit and wouldn't work on the newer Mac and the same would be for Windows that was released almost 14 years ago now so it is likely not going to work. Your best bet is to subscribe to the photography plan or consider other alternatives depending on your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apple never bundled CS5 with new computers. So someone may have installed a pirated version way back when.

Regardless, CS5 is on life support and you are likely going to need to switch to the subscription anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines