• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CS5.

New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to buy a new PC can I upload my CS5 to a new PC?  Do I or can I just use the codes I got when I first registered the software?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will need the CS5 installer and a valid 24 digit serial number.

If you have your original disc then install from that.

PS. If you have CS5 installed on an old computer which you are retiring and don't need any more then open any app such as Photoshop and click Help > Deactivate to free up the activation in use on that computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John

I do have the original box and discs and when I installed it I actually kept a note of the codes. 

If I have the original will I still need CS5 intaller?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The original disc includes the installer.

Many people lose their discs and then look online to download the installer. Sounds like that's not you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No John I have the lot.  I was delaying buying a new PC for the fear of not being able to install it.  Looks like I am safe.

Many thanks.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>delaying buying a new PC for the fear of not being able to install it

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10

-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window

-or Run as Administrator http://forums.adobe.com/thread/969395 to assign FULL Windows permissions may help... this says Encore, but is sometimes required for ALL Adobe programs (this is NOT the same as using an Administrator account) so follow the instructions, substituting the name and location of your specific program for Encore

-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's entirely allowed. There's a whole different issue about whether it will WORK on your new PC. That's questionable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Aug 11, 2019 Aug 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Piggybacking on what Test Screen Name has said... you're going to buy a new PC but put some fairly old software on it. There are some work arounds (for now). Eventually, you'll need to consider upgrading the software too  Best of luck to you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines