Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Elements 2.0

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just found my old Photoshop Elements 2.0 disc.  I really used to enjoy playing with this programme but have lost the box with the serial number.  I have tried to find it through the Adobe website but It's quite old and I don't have it registered on my account.  Does anyone know how I can find the serial number for it?  Many thanks for any help offered.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

there are several possible ways to find/recover an adobe serial number, but it sounds like the first 2 ways won't work for you.  also, because no current os is compatible with pse2 you can expect some (or a lot of) problems when installing and using.  with windows, using compatibility mode when installing may circumvent some of the problems.

1. search purchased materials: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-serial-number.html

2. you can check your account (if you purchased from or regis

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are several possible ways to find/recover an adobe serial number, but it sounds like the first 2 ways won't work for you.  also, because no current os is compatible with pse2 you can expect some (or a lot of) problems when installing and using.  with windows, using compatibility mode when installing may circumvent some of the problems.

1. search purchased materials: http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/find-serial-number.html

2. you can check your account (if you purchased from or registered with adobe AND you remember the adobe id used to purchase/register), https://accounts.adobe.com

3.  if your adobe program is installed on another computer you can recover its serial number from that computer,

(win:) http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

(mac:)  https://mac-product-key-finder.com/

[moved from Creative Cloud Download & Install to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have an old computer with it installed on, then it's easy to get the serial through the windows registry.

You might be able to find the pse 2 serial on your old computer by using Regedit and the going to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0

To get to Regedit, press the Windows Logo key+R to get the Run dialog and type regedit

reg.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure (I have a MUCH later version of Photoshop Elements) but even if you find your serial number, it may not work... since I'm thinking that PE2 is "maybe" the same age as CS2?

CS2 + Acrobat 7 + Audition 3 (AND EARLIER) Activation Server is gone, so read below

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html?promoid=19SCDRQK

You MUST use the special version and serial number on the page, not your original disc or serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

he doesn't have a license for any of those programs so can't (legally) use any.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for all the help offered.  I have gone to the link suggested by  John T Smith but there is nothing as low as my version of Elements 2.0 and I don't want to download anything I am not legally eligible to.  So I guess the answer is that the software is now obsolete?  It's a shame as I'm not financially in a position to purchase a more recent copy.  Thanks again for taking the time to reply .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it is obsolete but you may still be able to use it by checking the message 1 options.  you must have your serial number to install anything other than a 30 day trial.  there's no work-around for that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have them, the serial number is 24 digits - sticker on back of the box - or on the plastic case - sticker on back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help if you can.

I have Photoshop Elements 2.0, which I am used to. I have just replaced my 12 year old Toshiba R630 (Win7) with a Dell Workstation Win 11. 

I have the original CD and serial number but can't get it to install on my Dell Workstation, no CD drive. (However, it is easy to transfer the software to a flash drive.) 

Trying to run the installer I can only get as far as the Install / Explore option. Trying to install APE2 just does nothing - no crash, but no action either. I have tried compatibility settings, running as Administrator, but nothing seems to work.

I know it will install on my Win 11 desktop computer, but I don't use that nearly as often.

If anybody has any ideas I would be most grateful for advice.

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's too old to activate, if activation is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't even need an Internet connection to activate! Online activation
was an option!
Last time I tried it 18 months ago, on my then new Win 11 desktop, it was
fine, but I have CS6 on that; I prefer Elements 2.0 on my laptop, simpler
for a smaller screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, old enough adobe apps don't need activation.  then pirating became a factor and now there's so much code devoted to preventing pirating, legitimate users may have a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

22 year old software on modern equipment is a recipe for trouble.  That's assuming you have an optical reader to read the installation disk which most modern computers don't have.  

Most notable issues: 

1) your hard drive can't have more than 1 TB of freespace or PSE 2 will generate the dreaded "scratch disk full" message. 

2) PSE 2 will not work on any macOS that's more recent than OSX Tiger, circa 2005.

That said, a lot has changed in 22 years.  There are many worthwhile improvements in PS 2024.

A free trial will give you an opportunity to preview the app before you buy.

Photoshop Elements (no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2024 Aug 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please forgive me for not being specific enough.

It is very easy to copy the APE2 to a flash drive, and I have successfully installed this onto a mini desktop computer with i5 and 10 cores, 1TB Hard drive partition, running Win11.

However, that is not where I want it. I would like it to run on my Dell Workstation (laptop) with Win 11, 16 cores and 1TB drive, but it won't install.

I am not currently looking for alternative software which I am not familiar with.

Sent from Mail<> for Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're pretty much on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two ideas that MAY work to install and/or run old programs in Windows 10 or Windows 11
-RIGHT click the program icon or EXE and select a compatibility mode in the pop up option window
-and/or select Run as Administrator to assign FULL Windows permissions
-also https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/create-local-administrator-account-windows.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Charles27906896d9jj 

tried both 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines