Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Installation Failed

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I attempted to reinstall Photoshop due to a separate problem, and it's now repeatedly failing to install. I've tried every solution I can see online from making a local administrator account, to finding direct download links, to Adobe support's incredibly unhelpful "just click retry" solution when I indicate my error message on the support site. Any help would be appreciated in resolving this because I feel like I've tried everything I can think of on my end.

Here is a snipped of my error message:

defaultlvowmdxfkiwf_0-1628748781060.png

Just in case, it reads:

Exit Code: 106
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 1 error(s), 0 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Failed in writting uninstall xml at path '
'
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeColor_Photoshop_1_0-mul Version: 1.0.5). Error code: '106'
ERROR: Failed to create file at path :C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\COPS_1_0_32_AdobeColor_Photoshop_1_0-mul_1.0.5.pimx Error:5
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is what Adobe instructs me to do for this error. Extremely unhelpful, Adobe.

defaultlvowmdxfkiwf_1-1628748894933.png

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried running the 'Creative Cloud Cleaner tool'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestion. Actually, I had not run that tool, so I gave it a try today. The tool ran successfully, but now I'm still seeing an error when trying to install Photoshop. In addition, Creative Cloud is now experiencing the same issue when trying to update (though I'm less concerned about that because it seems to be in a stable version where it's at). All other apps are installing correctly. The difference that the tool seems to have made was before my Photoshop installation crashed at 8% but now it makes it to about 35% before crashing, so progress!

Also I'm getting a slightly different error message:

Exit Code: 106
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 1 error(s), 1 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Failed in writting uninstall xml at path '

'
FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: CCXProcess-LaunchAgent Version: 3.7.1). Error code: '106'
ERROR: Failed to create file at path :C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers\uninstallXml\CCXP_4_4_4_32_CCXProcess-LaunchAgent_3.7.1.pimx Error:5
WARN: Asset tag '/Package/Assets' is missing from package xml 'C:\adobeTemp\ETR9600.tmp\CCXProcess-LaunchAgent.pimx'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines