• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC2015 Installation Damaged

Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2015 Jul 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open Premiere Pro a dialogue box comes up stating my installation is damaged and I need to reload the installation.

I have done that twice now and it is still the same.

I have needed to carry on working with the installation which appears to be OK, except that PP runs out of memory!!! A problem I have never had before.

Another thread with the out of memory problem suggest turning off the Sync Settings with the Creative Cloud which I have done which seems to be better.  But this doesn't get over the problem of the damaged installation that is impossible to put right.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For that damaged installation issue ... highly recommend using Adobe's "CC Cleaner" app to uninstall & delete preferences for PrPro, then use the CC desktop app to download & install a fresh copy.

Adobe CC Cleaner App

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gosh this is seriously consuming so much of my time today.

PP is constantly running out of memory and caused so many crashes today.  I would like to think my damaged installation is the problem.  But there are so many threads here with the out of memory problem without my additional problem of damaged installation.

The cleaner you suggested I didn't realise would wipe all my adobe apps!!!!!

But I am downloading all again now.  But guess what .... no difference.  Still says my PP installation is damaged.

This was all fine until I upgraded to the latest CC updates!!!!!!!

I have a client jumping up and down wanting footage from me and this is causing a big to me and many others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch ... sorry. The cleaner should be "settable" as you launch it for which programs to remove ... but as it's an old DOS -style program, it isn't rather obvious to most people. Hear you about clients ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the trouble.

Are you on a Windows or a Mac? Can you post a screenshot of the error?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez

On a Mac and here

screenshot.png

I have reinstalled twice now, the second time with your cleaner and removing the preferences!

help needed thanks Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Are you installing Premiere Pro via the Creative Cloud app? Do you have any other Adobe apps? If yes, do they work fine?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌hi Rameez

yes I have installed via the cc. Up until this morning my other apps were fine. But earlier when I opened a PDF acrobat pro came up with the same notification. That said the program did open the PDF and appeared to work fine. I get the similar result with PP. the program also works until I get to export from PP or indeed use the media encoder. Then I get the out of memory problem many others are experiencing! But they don't say they have this damaged installation problem.  Whether the two issues are related only you guys can say. But all I can say everything was fine until the latest updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

It seems something is messed up with the installation files. I would suggest you to:

• Create a new user with Administrative privileges and see if the apps work fine there
  • Use a third party app called App Cleaner to remove all Adobe apps and associated installed directories (i will PM you the detailed instructions)

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌hi Rameez

thanks for the PM instructions. Before I start can I ask, if I test the apps as a new user on my Mac, do I need to run the cleaner beforehand?  I understand if the new user works then obviously I need to clean the existing user and install all there.

THanks Steve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to run the Cleaner beforehand.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez

Excuse my ignorance I have done that, i.e. setting up a new user etc.  Rightly or wrongly I thought that when I created a new user that I would have to download all the apps again fresh and that was why you recommended this approach.  So I tried to do that, in the new user log in, signing in with my Adobe ID etc and downloading CC.  But then I found out all the programs were available to me!!!  If that is what you intended I should do then the answer is PP installation is still not right.

Please confirm that I have correctly followed the right procedure?  I haven't run the cleaner at all as stated. Sometimes you guys assume maybe a certain amount of knowledge and maybe the instructions need to be a bit more specific if I have not followed this correctly.  I'm a photographer not an IT whizz at all!!!!!

thanks Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 30, 2015 Jul 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez

OK. So that is good now I have a complete fresh install and I do not get the damaged installation now.

BUT and a big BUT.   Now we have the constant Out of Memory PROBLEM many others have.

Before I had this 'damaged installation' problem I considered going back to CC2014.  It is the recent update that caused this problem.

I was really hoping following your advice that this would also sort the Out of Memory problem.  It hasn't.  This is a far greater problem for me and many others.  The damaged installation problem did not affect the operation of the program to me at all.  The Out of Memory problem does big time.

Please advise whether we can go back to 2014?  I have Time Machine running so I could restore backwards but there are two issues there.  What additional Application Support and Library files would I have to restore also?  Sounds like a nightmare for me!! Also I presume my recent PPCC2015 projects I will not be able to open.  That is a judgement I am going to have to make.  Unless of course you have a fix on the way very soon??

To be honest this sounds like a poorly administered upgrade.  I have a complete virgin install and I have a problem!!!  Yes I do have Red Giant Suite running with this, but I am sure many have that loaded. (Is that the problem maybe?)

PLEASE we pay for professional software we rely on to offer our client a professional service.  Inform our clients and they understandably are really not interested, they just want their job done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. So that is good now I have a complete fresh install and I do not get the damaged installation now.

I assume you have cleaned everything as per my PM instructions and i am glad that you don't get the error now.

BUT and a big BUT.   Now we have the constant Out of Memory PROBLEM many others have.

Ah! I feel really bad to hear about it TBH. Sorry for the trouble.. Yes, we have received reports about this issue and there are separate discussions here on the forums. A couple of threads with workarounds are here:

Premiere Pro CC 2015 Memory Leak

CC2015 - Out of Memory / Leaking like sieve

Please advise whether we can go back to 2014?  I have Time Machine running so I could restore backwards but there are two issues there.  What additional Application Support and Library files would I have to restore also?  Sounds like a nightmare for me!! Also I presume my recent PPCC2015 projects I will not be able to open.  That is a judgement I am going to have to make.  Unless of course you have a fix on the way very soon??

You can go back to 2014 without doing a Time Machine restore. Not really sure which Application Support and Library files you are referring to. Please provide more info on that. You are right about incompatibility of the project files. 2015 project files won't open in the 2014 version. However, you can open your 2015 projects in 2014 in the ASSEMBLY EDIT mode (all your edits would be there except effects/transitions/color correction) using the XML. Unfortunately, we didn't had this issue in the testing phase and we were not able to reproduce this memory leak in-house. Therefore, we are collecting as many reports as possible. Please file your bug report here: Bug Report Form

To be honest this sounds like a poorly administered upgrade.  I have a complete virgin install and I have a problem!!!  Yes I do have Red Giant Suite running with this, but I am sure many have that loaded. (Is that the problem maybe?)

PLEASE we pay for professional software we rely on to offer our client a professional service.  Inform our clients and they understandably are really not interested, they just want their job done.

I am sorry again for you're disappointed with the quality of the product. We try our best to give you a well-cooked / bug-free product but as complex program as Premiere Pro is, it can't be 100% bug-free. That is why we have these DOT updates to fix as many bugs as possible. I won't say that Red Giant is a problem but as a troubleshooting step, i would remove it. (you never know) I do understand that all clients want is what they pay for and they are not interested in learning how many DOT releases Premiere Pro has or whatever. Please bear with us for the time being as we have reported this to the Engineering Team and they are working on it.

Thank you for your patience.

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez

You have been super helpful, coming back with timely and helpful replies.  This is the first time I have come to the forums for help and my experience is good.

I also appreciate your honest replies, so often people feel fobbed off with corporate crafted responses!

I will look into the temp fixes.  But I would like to know how I can go back to CC2014 then without needing Time Machine please?  Do remember all my previous installations have been wiped and cleaned!!

thanks Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve Townsend wrote: I would like to know how I can go back to CC2014 then without needing Time Machine please?  Do remember all my previous installations have been wiped and cleaned!!

Kevin's blog post explains it really well, and should still apply given that your previous installs are now gone...

Install a previous version of any Creative Cloud application

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Thanks so much for your understanding and follow ups.

Cheers!

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I thought that when I created a new user that I would have to download all the apps again fresh and that was why you recommended this approach. 

In a new user you don't have to download the apps again. I recommended this approach because some problems are user account specific caused due to permission issues or bad preferences.

Please confirm that I have correctly followed the right procedure?  I haven't run the cleaner at all as stated. Sometimes you guys assume maybe a certain amount of knowledge and maybe the instructions need to be a bit more specific if I have not followed this correctly.  I'm a photographer not an IT whizz at all!!!!!

Yes you followed the right procedure. I am sorry for going to fast with my instructions and not being more specific.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rameez Khan wrote:

• Use a third party app called App Cleaner to remove all Adobe apps and associated installed directories (i will PM you the detailed instructions)

Can you PM (or direct email) those instructions to me too, Rameez? I'm often wanting to suggest some cleanup to user but never sure which tool to point them to, depending which version they're on. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

Sure! I will send you a direct email.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2015 Sep 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rameez,

Can you send the step by step instructions on how to fix the Damage install error.

Thanks,

Jhan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 14, 2015 Sep 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JoAnne,

Are you on a Windows or a Mac?

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im installing it on a Mac (Yosemite)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step 1 )

Trash Adobe Application Manager folder from Applications > Utilities.

Step 2)

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application Manager and install the same .

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/mac/ApplicationManager9.0_all.dmg

Once the installation process is completed, installation box will disappear.

Then open " Applications" folder and locate Adobe Application Manager launch icon and double click on it and update.

Once the update process is completed , launch the CC apps and check. ,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JoAnne,

If Brucgov's suggestion doesn't work, let me know i'll send you the instructions.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines