Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Programs failing to open - 2021

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Lately, I've been getting a few issues with opening up a few of Adobe's programs through the creative cloud, and I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix it. I tried uninstalling both the programs' individual and all of the creative cloud, but nothing has changed. It all happened ever since these programs updated: Illustrator, Lightroom, Photoshop Camera Raw, Animate, and one other (I can't remember which one, but I think it was Acrobat DC.) Ever since they were updated, I haven't had any issues with those products, but when I try to open up the other programs within the cloud, nothing pops up, not even an error code. (the programs being: Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, there may be others in the same boat, but these were dominant programs I used.) However, when I try to open up a program through my desktop that was made into a shortcut, the error code pops up: 0xc000007b. I looked into it, and I've seen nothing but installers for windows 8 to vista in order to fix the issue, and for windows 10 (which is what I have), it said there shouldn't be any issue regarding this code.
I have been looking in every nook and cranny to find a solution, but I keep on running into dead ends. I used the creative cloudcleanup.exe, reinstalled, uninstalled, tried older versions. I shouldn't have any issues running it because my computer has previously ran the programs (premiere pro, After effects, animate, etc.) with ease. At this point, the only thing I can think of is that adobe needs get some of these programs updated or something because I don't know what else to do.

What do you all think? Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, reset the cc app:

to reset the cc desktop app, make sure it's in the foreground, then press:

Win: Ctrl + Alt + R
Mac: Cmd + Opt + R

if that fails, try to repair
https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-install-stuck.html

if that fails go ahead and uninstall/reinstall per the above link

if that fails, do a clean cc install following each applicable step:

uninstall every cc app including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html
then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html
check for, and if available, update your os
repair all ms visual c++ versions that can be repaired.
update your ms visual c++, if it can be updated
restart your computer (don't skip this)
reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud
if you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use the link at the bottom of the page at https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html
use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed every option provided ideally and tried different ways—audition, Premiere Pro, and After Effects still don't work but everything else does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For testing purpose , create a new Additional Adminsitrator account and login to same and try to launch and check if issue remains same or the app launch fine over there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work on a new admin user, but I did try it on a separate computer (my brothers), and it worked fine.

This was all done on desktops (if that makes a difference).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and what version of win 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H1
Installed on ‎3/‎15/‎2021
OS build 19043.1288
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

And here's the device specifications too:
Processor AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G 3.50 GHz
Installed RAM 12.0 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch Pen support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you repaired and updated all your viz c++ programs, using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1634773689097.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright then, thank you for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps not the answer you're looking for but I ALWAYS launch apps directly from my operating system's Start Menu or desktop icons.  You don't really need CC Desktop App except to download/install and update.   90% of the time, my CC Desktop App is closed with Ctrl+W.  Out of sight, out of mind.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issues and the solution is basically to nuke your computer, remove everything and reinstall.  Another pain in the ass update by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines