Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

"You've been signed out" error every time I try to sign into Creative Cloud desktop application.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keeping getting a "You've been signed out" message everytime I try to log into the Creative Cloud desktop application.

I have tried the following to no avail:

1. Uninstalling and reinstalling the Creative Cloud app.
  2. Renaming the OOBE folder to OOBE-old.
  3. Deleting everything in the SLCache.

All of the above were suggested either on these forums or by support. None have worked.

I am on a team membership.

I am currently using Adobe Creative Suite CS5.5.

I am on a Mac running Mavericks (OSX 10.9).

Nothing seems to be working and I have been passed from department to department on the support chat window thing.

Someone, for the love of God, please help.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013
I would like to share with you the solution that worked for me. This is the step-by-step procedure I followed, guided by Tariq from Adobe's live chat service:1: Open Activity monitor from spotlight and end all Adobe related processes. You may find processes like AAMupdater, AAMupdater notifier, Adobe Crash demon process.2: Open a Finder window, select Go>Go to folder option, type in ~/Library and hit enter.3: Now navigate to Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/.. folder.4: Delete opm file under OOBE....

Translate

Translate
Dec 19, 2015 Dec 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will it work on Windows 10 too.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I experienced the Creative Cloud Desktop issue on Windows 10 just this morning.

To fix, here is what I did. Note that deleting the opm.db file on its own DID NOT lead to proper resolution.

1. In Windows, go to Task Manager
2. Kill every Adobe-related process by right-clicking and choosing “End Process”. This includes anything with the red CC icon beside it, anything that begins with “Adobe” and any process that has an adobe-related icon (PS, LR, etc)
3. After I killed all running Adobe product processes, I was able to stop the Adobe IPC process from re-starting and showing in the list
4. I went to the AppData folder. I renamed the entire “OODB” folder to “OODB-old”.
5. I restarted Adobe Creative Cloud desktop, and this time I was permitted to sign in and everything was functional.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem recurs on my Win10 computer about twice a month. It's annoying, unfortunately. Has anyone found a permanent solution already?

This is what I always do when I get the "You've been signed out" message:

• Quit Creative Cloud from the cog-wheel menu
  • Quit all Adobe-related processes from Task Manager
  • Open Explorer and type in the address bar: %localappdata%\Adobe
  • delete AAMUpdater and OOBE from there

As I said, this fixes the problem, but it recurs, sometimes after two weeks and sometimes on the next day. If anyone has a permanent solution I'd be happy to know it.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution does not work.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this issue fixed, and the reason was so silly.

Okay, so, you know how all of us have the red CC desktop icon and the grey hidden CC icon? The grey one is wherever your system keeps "hidden icons," and, apparently, if you're not logged in there: hello, Error. So, click on it and login through it, and then it goes from the color grey to black with a red dot.

I hope this works for others as it did for me.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed it! Thanks I never would have figure this one out.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent. Worked like a charm.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeap - This worked for me. Thank you so much.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2017 Dec 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This worked for me as well. You da man.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this has been answered, but the provided solution did not solve my problem. It looks to be a hanging thread that caused this error. Open the Task Manager and right click all Adobe processes and select "end task".

I reopened Creative Cloud Desktop Application and viola, it worked.

Windows 10 Home

Version 1709

OS Build 16299.125

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These steps from Adobe Help chat worked for me. They are a little more complicated than some of the other solutions, but trying one or two of the simpler tasks did not fix it for me. Here's what I did on Windows 10 Pro:

1) Close all adobe related processes in task manager (Core sync, services for adobe desktop app, adobe desktop service, Adobe IPC broker, AAM updater)

2) Navigate to following locations and assign the current user full permissions to adobe folders.  (Right click on adobe folder select properties then click security tab , click edit and select current user you are signed in with , select full control , click apply and then ok)

C://program data (enable view hidden files to see this folder)

C://program files 86x/common files

C://program files 86x/

C://program files/common files

C: //program files/

3) rename SLstore to Slstore.old at following location c://program data/Adobe/

4) Rename SLcache to Slcache.old at following location C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe

5) Navigate to c://users/username/appdata/local/adobe/oobe  and rename Opm.db to opm.old

6) Navigate to c://windows/system32/drivers/etc/   and open hosts file using notepad. IF you see any Adobe entry there please replace that hosts file with a new hosts file which does not have any adobe entry. If there is no Adobe entry leave the hosts file as it is.

7) Launch cc app and sign in.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2018 Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.  I started the process above but found that just quitting the adobe creative cloud app, then closing the processes through the activity monitor, then relaunching worked for me.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It fixed but, per due perdida de tiempo!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This did not work for me but I fixed it by logging in at adobe.com and updating my password.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2020 Jun 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully another company comes around and do it better. Adobe is too comfortable with their dominance and their programs are all falling apart.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2020 Jun 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it worked. thx bro

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2020 Sep 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case it helps anyone, I couldn't get logged into CC on a Mac and I had to delete my internet connection for WiFi and make a new one even though all other WiFi activity worked fine and the test connection to Adobe servers worked.  I was then able to sign into CC and open any of programs.  

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2020 Oct 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just happened to me, sounds like pefect reason to just torrent.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines