• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Error Code 1 when installing Creative Cloud desktop app

Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 7 and can't re-install Creative Cloud because of Error Code 1. I've run the uninstaller as admin and deleted OOBE folders.

Reinstalling windows is not an option for me, presently.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Blaskotron I would recommend contacting our support team directly first at Contact Customer Care for direct assistance in utilizing the steps listed in "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app .

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching to a new discussion.

Blaskotron to confirm you ran the Creative Cloud desktop app uninstaller utility available for download at Uninstall the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application ?  Did you receive any error messages when running the utility?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually I was using the AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.exe.

I just ran this and it said Completed with Errors, but still gives error code 1 on attempting new install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Blaskotron.  Were you also able to previously locate and remove the OOBE folder as described in "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app​?  What about setting up a new local administrator account?  Does the same error occur when you log in with a newly created administrator account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, got the OOBE folders.

I can't make an admin account since this is a limitation of my work machine, even though I am an admin.

The installer gets to about 42% downloaded before erroring.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blaskotron if your computer is managed by an I.T. department then please work with them directly.  They may have given you admin access but from the continued errors you may still not have sufficient access.

If you continue to encounter errors then you are also welcome to work directly with our support team at Contact Customer Care​.  From the steps you have performed so far I would recommend working directly with your I.T. department directly first.  If your account is missing the required access then it may be impossible to resolve without the necessary file permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to try another user after all. Didn't work. It might be some other kind of system corruption but everything else in the computer seems fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blaskotron a different user is not the same as creating a new local administrator account.  The benefit of a newly created local administrator account is that it has the proper permissions set.  You can find details on how to set up a new local administrator account at Adobe troubleshooting: Creating an admin account in Windows​.   Existing accounts may be facing the same errors.  I would also encourage you to please contact your I.T. department if your computer is managed in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did just make a new administrator account with same issue.

Looks like complete OS reinstall is the only solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blaskotron I would recommend contacting our support team directly first at Contact Customer Care for direct assistance in utilizing the steps listed in "Failed to install" error received when installing Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try installing the full product for Creative Cloud desktop app which was released today Download Creative Cloud desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That one fails at 5% installed instead of 40%. Thanks for sharing it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines