• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reached Device Limit Issue

Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having a strange issue with signing in, if I don't use an app for a while when I go to load one up, I get the following notification. But one of the devices listed is the device I'm trying to sign in on. This has happened about 8 times now and it's getting pretty annoying.It's the same computer why does it keep failing to recognise it as the same device?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because you blacked out the most useful part of your screenshot, it's not clear what you're encountering.

that said, you may be able to correct the issue from your account:  https://accounts.adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also looks like you are trying to keep Photoshop activated on more than 2 computers at once. You can't without a different license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Useful how? I blacked out the personalized computer names, nothing else. If I'd included names like "Assgoblin3" and "PC Bro 64" would that have helped you answer my question?

Everything needed was provided in the few short sentences above the screenshot, maybe you forgot to read them?

Easy to follow breakdown of issue:

1. I attempt to login to an Adobe App (Photoshop, Illustrator etc.)
  2. Adobe says Computer A and Computer B are currently logged in.
  3. To sign in on my current device I need to deactivate either computer A or computer B
  4. I am using computer B!! 
  5. The system that is listed is the one I am using! It thinks my computer is a new device.

This is happening almost everytime I load an Adobe app after 24 hours has passed and I've rebooted the system, or something, the trigger for getting a new error is not  clear.

Things I have ruled out as the cause:

• There is only one operating system on this machine
  • I am the only Account/Admin/User of the system
  • No major system changes have occurred
  • No hardware has been replaced
  • No important software updates
  • No new programs installed
  • No driver updates that haven't been ruled out
  • Doesn't happen inline with any cleaning software
  • The machine is clean
  • it doesn't happen consistently after virus scans
  • Ruled out as many obvious common denominators I could think of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gibsonion  wrote

It's the same computer why does it keep failing to recognise it as the same device?

Hi

Without seeing the part you redacted, the only thing I can guess is that maybe it’s the same computer with more than one operating system? For instance, I have a Mac and I run Windows on it using Parallels. Although it’s one computer, it counts as two devices.

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jane,

I had the same for some time and then it disappeared. I only signed the computer out and it worked again. 2 or 3 times in a row. It may be that a Windows update cleaned it out. It was annoying at most, not blocking. And as I said, it disappeared on its own...

I have 2 computers activated and it happened only on my laptop. It could also be in connection with network problems via wifi, as my laptop has a rather slow wifi... The desktop has a fixed line attached.

So I would suggest simply to ignore for now and. OP can also file a bug report.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? I blacked out the personalized computer names, nothing else. If I'd included names like "Assgoblin3" and "PC Bro 64" would that have helped?

Everything needed was provided in the few short sentences above the screenshot, did you read them?

Easy to follow breakdown of issue:

1. I attempt to login to an Adobe App (Photoshop, Illustrator etc.)
  2. Adobe says Computer A and Computer B are currently logged in.
  3. To sign in on my current device I need to deactivate either computer A or computer B
  4. I am using computer B!! 
  5. The system that is listed is the one I am using! It thinks my computer is a new device.

This is happening almost everytime I load an Adobe app after 24 hours has passed and I've rebooted the system, or something, the trigger for getting a new error is not  clear.

Things I have ruled out as the cause:

• There is only one operating system on this machine
  • I am the only Account/Admin/User of the system
  • No major system changes have occurred
  • No hardware has been replaced
  • No important software updates
  • No new programs installed
  • No driver updates that haven't been ruled out
  • Doesn't happen inline with any cleaning software
  • The machine is clean
  • it doesn't happen consistently after virus scans
  • Ruled out as many obvious common denominators I could think of

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this error show up on both machines or just one?

Have you checked firewall settings?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As said before, it happened also for me. I do not exactly know what made it go away, but it did. So I suppose there is a specific Windows 10/CC combination that causes the problem. However, it is non blocking and just signing out the device I was working on solved it for the moment.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact same problem.  I have not been able to get to the bottom of it yet, but it appears to have something to do with the way Adobe is registering your credentials in Windows 10.  I'm not sure if this makes a difference, but I use a Creative Cloud subscription, and my same e-mail address is used to manage my company's "Document Cloud" subscription at Adobe, however I'm using Acrobat Pro DC from the Creative Cloud side, and although I'm the plan "manager" I'm not a subscription member for Acrobat Pro DC under the Docment Cloud because it would be redundant.

If you go to Control Panel > User Accounts > Manage Your Credentials > Windows Credentials you will see a bunch of credentials listed as "Adobe App Info" or "Adobe App Prefetched Info".  It looks like this:Annotation 2020-02-08 135307.png

However, you should also check out this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/device-activation-limit/td-p/10145263?page=1

One of the users mentions that the last option of signing into Creative Clould account management in your browser and ending all of your "Active Sessions" in the acocunt management should help (do this at https://account.adobe.com/sessions).  I logged in and saw a bunch of sessions, some of them very old (from last year).  I clicked on "End Session" next to each of the old/unused sessions, but I'll have to wait and see if this works.  I'd be curious to know if this helps you or anyone else.  I'll post a follow-up here if it works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE (2/10/20): The fix I described above about logging into Adobe and ending all of your Active Sessions appears to have worked for me.  I did not see the "Sign out of one of the devices below..." message when I opened Acrobat Pro DC today after performing the steps outlined above 2 days ago.

Regards,

Vito Asaro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines