• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Redemption code and country ID don't match

New Here ,
Feb 11, 2019 Feb 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I live in Japan and use the Student and Teacher Edition of Creative Cloud. I used it for one year with no problems. I have bought a new one year plan, but cannot access the redemption code. I get the: 'This card was purchased in a country that does not match your Adobe ID.' error message. However, I am using the same ID as last year (it is a .co.uk mail address, though I seem to be registered in the US). Anyway, I changed the Adobe ID email to a Japanese address, but still no joy. How can I get these two to match? I guess, how can I change the country I'm registered with? I have only ever had Creative Cloud in Japan, so not sure what is going on here. I use Photoshop and Lightroom in English. Have tried the Adobe support chat a couple of times, but it was pretty well a waste of time.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The country you are registered in is based on where you were in the world when you registered. You can’t change it yourself or choose somewhere else - this is used for things like taxes. Your email has no effect.

So you need to buy a redemption code from the country to which you are registered.

Travellers do do seem to have a hard time of this, but only Adobe can help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The e-mail and your physical location are irrelevant. The country as registered is the only relevant part here. Your redemption code needs to match that country.

Your only solution is: Contact Customer Care

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines