• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Registration of second computer fails for LR6

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2015 Oct 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded to LR6 on my PC without any problems (Windows7). When I tried to upgrade my MacBook as well with the same registration code an error message came: can´t verify regsitration code....what do I do wrong??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if the serial number is cross platform and or if installed on a Win PC you can't use the same serial number on a Mac. Another PC Yes or if installed on the Mac first another Mac Yes.

I do know if you had the subscription version I think that can be installed on both Apple PC and Win PC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told by Adobe that it wouldn´t be a problem....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If that is true then you are doing something wrong. But it is my suspicion that the Adobe rep you talked to was referring to the Subscription based product, CC 2015, and not the Stand Alone version, LR 6.x. I do know that was the case with older versions, 5 and before. If installed on a PC first the second computer also had to be a PC.

Adobe has little to no actual company support for any of their products and basically NONE for Non Subscription based products. Also whoever you talked to didn't really work for Adobe. Adobe farms out phone and chat support to some company in India that reads from a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks - that explains a lot. I hope that this behaviour will encourage/boost the competition to come up with alternative products....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this thread to : Downloading, Installing, Setting Up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

‌Lightroom standalone has always been a multiplatform serial number.

The serial number works on both Mac and PC.

Creative Suites have always had single platform serial numbers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John Waller wrote:

Lightroom standalone has always been a multiplatform serial number.

The serial number works on both Mac and PC.

Creative Suites have always had single platform serial numbers.

You are correct in the aspect of installing it on either a Apple PC (Mac) or a Windows PC. But I'm not sure if once it is installed on 1 of those platforms it can successfully be installed on the other At The Same Time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines