• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove the Stock advert banner under the Apps tab

Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm subscribed to CC for a year. And just recently, Adove Creative Cloud Desktop in OS X started to display an advert banner for Adobe Stock, under the Apps tab, within the Creative Cloud Desktop app in the Menu Bar.

Moreover, when I open the app for the first time after each startup, I'm directed to the Stock tab, which I don't want to use. I just want to open or update my applications that's it.

The thing is I'm not subscribed to Stock, and I don't plan to get a plan for it anytime soon. So I don't have any use for this advert right in my Menu Bar.

For now I think I will not allow the app to load at launch, and I'm just going to stick to OS X Launchpad to start my applications.

Nonetheless, that would be realy appreciated if I could find a way to disable this function, as I like to have my system clean from adverts right in my Menu Bar.

Thank you

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Adobe product developers don't lurk in these user-to-user communities.

Please leave feedback & feature requests on Adobe UserVoice where they'll see them.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2016 Feb 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add my assent to what the above posters have been saying. As a student with limited funds, subscribing to CC was a difficult and costly decision. I'm disappointed to find Adobe pushing advertising in my face every time I want to use the Creative Cloud menu bar tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2016 Feb 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree with the other posters. Aggressively advertising your stock website to paying customers is irritating at best. Please allow a setting to hide stock ads as well as launch to the "apps" tab by default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2016 Apr 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apparently there is an unfilled market segment: Ad Blocker For Desktop Software. Ad Block Plus and uBlock browser ad blockers and similar might want to branch out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not pushing for anybody else to get involved in managing my desktop. It's bad enough that Adobe is there without asking mercenaries to come deal with it. Just open the door wider to a very specialized class of app marketing that is generally much worse that what I'm seeing now (MacKeeper, etc.,)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 28, 2016 May 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also want that Stock Photos advertisement removed from the top of the Apps tab. Stock has its own tab in the CC Desktop app and it should only live there. Adobe is becoming more and more like a desperate car salesman making pitches on late night TV. Unprofessional, unsightly clutter in what is simply supposed to be an application manager. Now AVID is doing the same thing with an application manager in the top menu bar – but they are not as "in your face" with trying to pitch more services to the user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2016 Jun 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TOTALLY AGREE

This is total arrogance and counter productive marketing.

I am a photographer. I have earned my living as a photographer for over 40 years.

I am never going to buy other people's photographs.

I have paid a great deal of money to Adobe since 1996.

STOP SHOVING SHIT AT ME !!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2016 Aug 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty new to Adobe; it's enough to be constantly frustrated with the program stability -- regular crashing and freezing on Illustrator -- but to then be burdened with advertisements for a product I have no interest in (which crashes Illustrator, an already fairly clunky program) at seemingly random intervals spikes my blood pressure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 19, 2016 Aug 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1. This is just embarassing, Adobe. The urge to place an ad there is embarassing. Also the fact that I've actually tried to use the search box to search for an app in the list. At least twice. Terrible ux design in many ways. Fix that!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like Adobe doesn't care what we think.

I don't want adobe stock, and I especially don't want to see it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Count me in as irritated by the fact that I am PAYING Adobe to advertise to me within applications while I am trying to work. Users should have the ability to disable this. I will be CANCELING my Adobe Stock subscription when it expires in April in protest. Many stock suppliers to choose from and Adobe has pushed me to the breaking point with the advertising within a program I pay to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audacity of having a search bar in the apps tab that isn't for apps is just staggering.

If you want me to use Adobe stock, give me some free credits each month with the ~£50 I'm already paying each month, otherwise put it in the asset tab where it belongs and stop bugging me with it.

Desperate, unsympathetic marketing behaviour typical of a company seeking to run a total monopoly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe, why don't you bring a pop up in the middle of our workspace every 5 minutes to buy Stock images?  I'm sure we'd all love it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please give us the ability to turn off the Search Adobe Stock search field! I don't use Adobe stock, likely never will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2017 Jul 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the Stock ads Adobe. Don't use it, don't want it. It's an irritating intrusion into my work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once I realized Adobe was doing this I stopped using the CC menubar icon entirely, disabled it at login, and just launch everything using the OS X dock.

Look everyone, Adobe IS listening: Adobe Unveils Adobe Advertising Cloud | Adobe Newsroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh. I was hoping there would be a fix for this. So damn annoying. It even pops up within apps after updating. STOP IT, ADOBE. I'm already paying you a lot of money and the only thing this is doing is making me NEVER want to use your damn stock library!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 for Adobe NOT plastering the CC app with Adobe Stock adverts. They slow me down, because EVERY time I start the app it is NOT to use Stock but something else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sooooo irritating............ I cant believe this is still in CC. horrible....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similarly, defaulting to Market under Assets, instead of Files. Adobe seems so desperate these days. Really not an indicator of a user-centric company. I guess we can all consider Adobe a software company of the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 29, 2017 Dec 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marketing greed rules the world and Adobe is as crass and greedy as anyone out there, sticking a thumb in everyone's eye every time they use their products with CC. Way to provide life support for this sickly, dead horse product!

Adobe is invading my personal workspace with NO permission whatsoever.

Where does this stop? Will Adobe pop up an ad every time I make a new ID, Photoshop, Illustrator file? Will you embed it in the file so my clients have to see it too? Microsoft has a cloud suite, too...

Keep on irritating your base, Adobe -- many times, every day -- but take a minute and remember Quark. Some one will eat your lunch and I can't wait to be a beta tester.

On the other hand, you could just GET OUT OF MY DESKTOP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 30, 2017 Dec 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried creating a new discussion. Got deleted for some reason...

Screen Shot 2017-12-12 at 21.54.07.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am tempted to cancel Photoshop CC over this totally uncalled-for intrusion into my workspace. I subscribed yesterday, and already it's that annoying.

Why has Adobe NOT ADDRESSED this obviously odious situation? It makes the "concern team" appear to be a name-only non-staffed function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've being using the Adobe Cloud license since we opened our studio.

Now we have to deal with the Stock ads and also the adobe stock pictures search field in softwares we pay for.

This is not acceptable. Adobe Cloud is not a "freemium" service, but a paying one.

On our side we are very disappointed that topics raised almost 3 years ago are intentionally ignored by Adobe, who are only concerned about selling more and giving less.

I have a couple of simple suggestions to Adobe :

- First of all:  stop insulting legal consumers that want to pay for using your products.

- Second and last suggestion : optimize your damn software to stop taking all the ressources available. Each time we decide to make a product update we just feel our macs slower...  and the only solution provided by Adobe is : "reset your software preferences"...

If you keep on going into this "business development" line, we will be forced to go to your competitors, which are cheaper, more performant and less intrussive, and of course we will encourage everyone to do the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt whether anyone in Adobe Management reads this post or even gives a damn.

Adobe is just another organisation run to benefit shareholders - not customers - even though

we generously paid them $7.3 billion last year alone.

I have been a customer since 1996.

& have written two letters of complaint to

Shantanu Narayan - CEO

Adobe Systems Incorporated

345 Park Avenue

San Jose, CA 95110-2704

So far no reply

If any of you live in San Jose you might like to visit them and suggest they try behaving in a civilised manner.

I believe there is a shareholders' meeting planned for April.

That is usually the best place to stand up and be rude.

It helps if you can get 3 or 4 friends together and scatter yourselves among the audience.

It is a bit difficult for me to attend as I live in Australia.

Meanwhile there is a very good alternative for $79.99

Special Offer on ON1 Photo RAW 2018.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2018 Mar 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are completely right, on our side we are thinking to switch to Affinity for mac.

Since we updated to cc 2018 it’s literally impossible to work with Adobe’s softwares, we have latest mac models full equiped and too often suffer from waiting times in between two clicks. And this waiting times cost us money.

We even did a full clean OS reinstall in our Macs and reinstalled the CC. No improvements.

This is why we are starting to think about switching to Affinity. And they don’t bother you with the iSotck ads...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines