• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tears in heaven- online license verification fails after reinstalling After Effects CS 6

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2024 Oct 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i am aware that my After Effects CS 6 ( Version 11.03 ) is really old, but i used to work with it smoothly running Mac OS Mojave on a specialized mac. Now its harddisk makes sick noises and i am rebulding the same Mac OS system with all the old 32 bit software packages.

The installation routine of AE requires online access and normally puts a green tick behind it after the serial number has been successfully checked. Even though I am connected to the internet, a message appears saying that my computer is not connected to the internet and that the serial number can be validated later. But this is not possible no matter what I try. Installing the AE 11.0.4 update doesn't change anything either.

The software runs smoothly, but only in demo mode for 30 days. I understand well that there is no support for my old AE version anymore, but I cannot see why the reinstallation on an old operating system fails because the online verification of my serial number technically fails. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do and who I can contact at Adobe?

Thanks, sisters and brothers!

Ongi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post (like this one has already been moved) if it helps you get responses.

<"moved from using the community">

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe has provided for offline activation to users with this (and many other) problems:

disconnect the computer from the internet

Launch the product.

At the Serial Number Validation screen, click Having Trouble Connecting To The Internet.

Click Offline Activation and click Generate a Response Code.

Write down the Request Code.

Switch to an online computer and navigate to www.adobe.com/go/getactivated.

Click Offline Activation.

Sign in with your Adobe ID.

Enter your Request code and click Generate.

Write down the Response code.

Switch back to the offline computer.

Enter the Response Code and click Activate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kglad,

thanks for moving my request into the right corner, wasn´t aware of where i posted it... also thanks for the infos.

Unfortunately my Serial Number Validation Screen does not show the "Having Trouble Connecting..." button.

Starting the installer there are two options: 1. i have a serial number and 2. start trial

Choosing "i have a serial number", entering my serial, i am prompted to contact the customer support, because "the serial i entered could not be validated". Nothing more.

So i click "go back" and then i choose "continue trial"

Sad. 🙂

That´s all that happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you disconnect your computer from the internet (eg, wifi if that's how it connects)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2024 Oct 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my mac was not connected to the internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

connect your mac to the internet

install/update to a current default web browser on you mac

then start the installation of your cs6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

i am sorry but i don't understand what you mean. 🤔

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which step do you not understand?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2024 Oct 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now i got what you mean. You meant the webbrowser that i am redirected to should be updated.

I got Safari, Chrome and Firefox in their latest versions possible running Mojave. Is there a browser that is more suitable than others for this purpose?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No matter which browser is at "default" in the background, i always end up at the serial number screen and i am prompted to contact the adobe support because the serial could not be validated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you set a default browser in your setttings.  did you do that?  (and an updated chrome is good.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome is my default browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and you're still getting the having trouble connecting message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2024 Oct 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Sadly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what's your chrome version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 116.0.5845.187

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines