• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The serial number [serial number] is already used by the maximum allowed number of computers

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have problem because I cant property activate my product. I bought Adobe Acrobat 12 few year ago  and I have serial number. When I install application I cant activate this product because I have message: 

- The serial number [serial number] is already used by the maximum allowed
number of computers. To use this product, you must deactivate within 30 days another computer.

That is not possible because I had install this product at only one computer entire time. How can I activate this. It's been working fine so far, but the problem started about a month ago

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I ask Agent Bot to deactivate this computer for me he does not see the license in my account. I think it is because it is an old license and it is registered at licensing2.adobe.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of January of this year Adobe is no longer resetting activation counts for older products. Unfortunately if you are unable to deactivate your previous installations you will no longer be able to utilize the older version of Adobe software and will need to consider moving to the creative cloud or exploring alternative solutions.

As for the licensing center, you can try support from this KB article to gain access back into your account if you have an active account as you are suggesting from the URL provided: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/volume-licensing-site.html . I am not sure if you are still able to manage device licenses for the older software, but it may still work ( https://helpx.adobe.com/enterprise/using/manage-device-licenses.html ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But we didn't reinstall or install this application on another computer. It stopped working overnight. We purchased a perpetual license for one device and would like to have access to it. It was working fine until now. As I wrote above it stopped working suddenly. The application has been installed on one computer for several years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you still have the one computer on which it was activated?

if so, and there have been no hardware changes to that computer, you can deactivate that install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what deactivate ?

yes I have this computer all the time, nothing was changed in it, suddenly it popped up about the number of licenses exceeded. I tried installing the program from scratch, logging in again. all the time the same message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't understand how you would see a spontaneous excess activation count message.  however, i've seen other reports of this and no resolution for anyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Have you found a solution to my activation problem? You cannot turn off the activation of perpetual licenses yourself. You also cannot tell me on which stations the Adobe application was activated, if so, how do you know that it was installed on several stations? I don't understand your activation counter - when purchasing a perpetual license, the license can be transferred to other computers because the equipment ages and gets damaged and it must be possible to transfer the application and activate it on another station. I don't understand your approach - I searched for solutions and found nothing. If there is a problem, it needs to be solved - only someone working in your company can do it. Therefore, I am asking you to urgently solve my problem because we cannot work with the purchased software.

Best regards

Zbigniew Mazur

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Zbigniew37589289jmte 

i don't have access to your account information and i don't have access to your current or past computers, so i can't tell you anything specific to your situation and i can't solve your problem.

i can only tell you what has to be done to resolve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Zbigniew37589289jmte  Those answering in this community are Adobe software users, not Adobe employees, and therefore cannot access your account. Hence, we can only offer advice as has been given above.

In addition, as stated above, employees can no longer reset activations.

If you are unable to deactivate in your account or by device then, sadly, we have nothing else to offer.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
5 hours ago 5 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have the same issue! did you solve it by any chance?? I'm going nuts...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
4 hours ago 4 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

your only option is do deactivate on a computer that meets adobe's security requirements. eg, has a modern browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines