• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Third party payload installer Adobe_Lightroom_x64.msi failed with exit code: 1603

Community Beginner ,
Sep 11, 2014 Sep 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exit Code: 7

Please see specific errors below for troubleshooting. For example,  ERROR: 

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 0 fatal error(s), 3 error(s) 

----------- Payload: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 5.6.0.0 Adobe_Lightroom_x64.msi_5.6 -----------

ERROR: Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {F24CABFE-ED58-3012-A491-F671A890E43B}. HRESULT: 0x80071A30. 

ERROR: Install MSI payload failed with error: 1603 - Fatal error during installation.
MSI Error message: Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {F24CABFE-ED58-3012-A491-F671A890E43B}. HRESULT: 0x80071A30. 

ERROR: Third party payload installer Adobe_Lightroom_x64.msi failed with exit code: 1603

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 professional o/s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cal Blue,

Please refer to the following links below where this issue stands resolved:

Re: installing Lightroom 5. Error 1603.

Error 1603: A fatal error occurred during installation

Errors "Exit Code: 6," "Exit Code: 7" | CS5, CS5.5

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2014 Sep 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the ostensibly applicable steps outlined in the above linked articles and no go.

Further, I have uninstalled and reinstalled .net framework two times.

Adobe's tech support team has (according to their findings) "determined" that my windows .net framework is "corrupted" and as such my system will disallow the installation of any .msi programs; my only salvation (according to Adobe) is to fork over $100.00 to Microsoft for "advanced" Windows tech support. Earlier today I was easily able to install Silkypix RAW software which is a program having an .msi extension. This seems to contradict the Adobe technical team's findings. Moreover, I've had ZERO installation issues with any other developer's programs including Corel, Sony and a host of additional 3rd party programs- ponderous.

As well, both Adobe Air and Acrobat function and routinely update on my system without incident. For the life of me I have no idea what to do to remedy this frustrating issue.

In addition to the 1603 error, I see a 1935 error as well. I would greatly appreciate any useable suggestions to permit the installation of Lightroom and PS.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2014 Sep 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2014 Sep 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the links Sheena. Much to my chagrin - as with previously suggested Adobe tech pages, contradictions exist which concern me; in this case the reinstallation of the .net framework going back to the earliest version. The Adobe tech file specifies reinstalling version 3.5SP1 (initially) for Windows 7, yet Microsoft specs indicate this version is not compatible with Windows 7 - only XP and older. I had a similar experience chasing my tail in the Adobe tech section explaining the removal and reinstallation of Air and Adobe Help; I was unable to locate files called for in the notes and I had to call tech support.

It would be nice if Adobe got their act together and carefully edited their tech advice to be accurate and less convoluted before directing customers to these resources. Moreover, resolutions for known issues such as the one I am experiencing should be available to customers in a vastly more comprehensive and user friendly format. While I am frustrated with these issues, my criticism is intended to be more constructive than plaintiff; I'd like to spare the next person from unnecessary angst if at all possible.

Any info on the proper version of .net framework would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines