• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble Reactivating Lightroom 6

Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I originally installed Lightroom 6 on drive C but later wanted to move it to drive D.  So I unstalled Lightroom from drive C and reinstalled it on Drive D.  But because it's no lonmger on drive C, I can't deactivate it by signing out, and I can't activate the new installation on Drive D.  Both drives are on the same computer that I originally used to install Lightroom.

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2024 May 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reinstall it on your c drive and then deactivate and uninstall it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Marc37219946mltt 
Did the suggestion by kglad work for you?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it did not work.  When I tried to rerinstall it on Drive C, I had the same problem.  That's probably because I had completely uninstalled Lightroom from the C Drive, including all settings, before signing out.  So when I tried to reinstall it, it was like a new installation and I got a message that I had to deactivate Lightroom before I could activat the "new" installation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to contact Adobe support and they would deactivate Photoshop or Lightroom over the phone.  But that was years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand; you can contact our chat support team at https://adobe.ly/3QxFBTe to request help locating the account that has Lightroom 6 registered. You can also ask that they verify if any activations are remaining for Lightroom 6 and if there have been any recent activation requests. If there are no new requests, and activations remain, then something locally on the computer could be interfering with activating the software. ^JW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marc, as John and Kglad mentioned, you will need to deactivate Lightroom on a previous device if you receive a message that you have exceeded the amount of allowable activations.  

I don't see a license for Lightroom registered under your account. Can you please use the steps listed in https://adobe.ly/3UumUAZ to register Lightroom 6 under the account you used to post to this public discussion forum?

Please update this thread if you receive an error during the registration process. ^JW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff.  I followed your suggestion to register Lightroom but when I provided the serial number, it said it was already regstered and in use.  I know I registered it before but it's no longer showing on my account.  I understand that I can deactivate it on one of my other computers but I'm  concerned about doing that because of the problems I'm having now. I wouldn't want to deactivate a working copy on my laptop and still have trouble activating it on my main comuter, and then have trouble reactivating on the laptop if the reinstallation on my main compter fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines