UK VAT not being charged but should be according to Sage

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning,

Are there any UK based Sage 50 Accounts (V27 or below) users on here that can answer this question?

Adobe's invoice for Photography Plan does not included UK VAT but according to the Sage Article on which tax codes to use (opens in new window), it states that "Imports with a consignment value of £135 and below should have had the UK VAT charged at the point of sale and will not be subject to import VAT".

The transaction is denoted as "Goods" on the invoice.  Adobe are located in Dublin so it is classed as "Abroad Outside of UK".  It is not subject to Northern Ireland Protocol.  I've ticked No and assume this is correct and it doesn't exceed the import threshold of £135.

It recommends using a tax code in Sage of T21 which affects Boxes 1, 4 and 7.  

Boxes 1 and 4, the VAT amount is entered (BUT THERE ISN'T ONE!!!) and the Net amount appears in Box 7.

Any advice on this would be immensely appreciated.  My OCD gets the better of me when dealing with the minutiae of accounting.

TOPICS
CC FAQ , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support during pst business hours by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

click contact us (= cryptic icon in the lower right)

kglad_0-1633186110220.png

in the chat field, type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really think you should talk to your tax consultant. 

Nancy O'Shea, Adobe Product User & Community Professional
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2021 Oct 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure they really understand such minutae of detail and would probably charge £100 to just answer a question where no VAT is due...

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines