• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to connect to Creative Cloud .... what is going on?

May 01, 2013 May 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone else having issues logging in to Creative Cloud?  I cannot access via AAM or https://creative.adobe.com/.  AAM just gives me an error that it cannot contact Adobe, and the web portal just clocks.

Thanks

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Here's an explanation for the instability, just posted:

Update on Creative Cloud Connection and file sync preview

http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/update-on-creative-cloud-connection-and-file-sync-preview

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 133 Replies 133
New Here ,
May 20, 2013 May 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that info Ken

Wasn't aware that was only credit card in the US

I have to say on checking my payments are taken via my business VISA debit card so I got it wrong how I pay but I'm happy its not a problem for me to do it that way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seems direct Debt from from one's Bank Would be most secure way, even better than a Credit Card?

And wanting to pay for a full year at the time is not good business?

The only way I would see that Not taking  12 month at a time. I they want the ability to jack up the price from minute to minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, sorry Phillip - that's not it.  It actually has to do with how Adobe handles accounting for CC memberships.

Annual subscribers see no price change month-to-month, much less minute-to-minute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet my understanding $49.95 is teaser rate that will go up to who know what in 6 months. Its only to suck people in.

What's the issue with accounting? Money is Money regardless of where it comes from. you process CC payment almost identically to the way you do direct Debit.

I simply have no choice if I want to use any adobe products. I'll have to devote one card to that and neverever use that card for anything else for as long AS I use Adobe Products.

But you don't see Our point so you could care less what we think. Its Just Money. Money, Money!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

can an staff member lock this thread, it has derailed from the original topic.

Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess for those who didn't upgrade every time it would end up costing a little more in the long run but you'll always have the latest and greatest which can be good or bad.

If I buy CS Design Standard ($1300) then upgrade every single version ($275), in nine years my outlay to have the "latest and greatest" will be $2675.

Compare that to the cost of leasing Creative Cloud for nine years:  $5400.  More than double.

And if at the end of nine years I retire... with CS perpetual model can I keep that last version on my machine for as long as I want. For the Creative Cloud... which ending up costing me much more than CS... POOF! It's gone when I can no longer afford a monthly rental fee.

This is not an unusual scenario. Many Adobe customers are the "mid-tier" type that may only use a few apps from the suite, like Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. (and leasing just those 3 with the Cloud would be $6480 over the same nine year period.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Cloud is more expensive in any case. I calculated between 25% and 350%. It is cheapest for new customers. Existing customers and especially special suite owners (e.g. design, production premium) are screwed most. This is surley because Adobe values its exisiting long time customers the most. It seems easier to rip them off of their money, because they are already depending on Adobe. The comparison to a drug dealer I read on another post is actually very accurate. A cheap first fix and then you are on the hook.

If you compare the cloud pricing to the old perpetual licsensing pricing you need to be aware of the value that a perpetual license. If you have upgraded to the newest version and then would sell it at the end of your usage it would match the cloud where you have no access to the software anymore. In that case you additionally need to substract the sellingprice from your costs. It would probably roughly be $1300 (or $2600 for master), for an up-to-date version concidering inflation. So the comparison between perpetual license and cloud is even worse then you pointed it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2013 May 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MikeChambers wrote:

Mike.Kroemer wrote:

If I read this correctly, you are telling me that the information in the blog post you are referring to was common knowledge when I signed up in February.  When I signed up, there was no "preview" attached to the CCC.  The preview update was this week (at least when I received an email) along with a notice that the older working software was not going to connect after 16 May.

Here is the original blog post from last November when it was launched:

http://blogs.adobe.com/creativecloud/creative-cloud-connection/

--

Today, we’re excited to release a preview version of the Creative Cloud Connection. It’s available to every member of the Creative Cloud, and you can download it here.

--

mike chambers

mesh@adobe.com

While I don't necessarily agree that this qualifies as common knowlegde, I am true to my word and appologize to you personally Mr. Chambers.  The information was there and I failed in my search to find it.

I would appreciate it if you send a request for more open communications up the food chain.  From everything I have been reading, it seems most people are upset with the lack of effective communication on this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
May 17, 2013 May 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike.Kroemer wrote:

... I never read anything about being a beta tester.  I bought a one year subscription 3 months ago...

Yes sadly it seems like paying customers are being used as beta testers. Adobe has the perfect setup with Creative Cloud , release "previews" to paying customers and use them as beta testers making money all the while, it would appear. I can see maybe releasing a preview "feature" in an app that is maybe not fully developed, but an entire preview "service" (Cloud Storage) that people will begin using for business as exemplified in all the various current threads/posts of frustration of not having access to their own files. I don't see how that could be considered anything less than beta testing sadly and is really by all accounts just a terrible decision on Adobe's part.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines