Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to deactivate Photoshop Elements 13 on Mac

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using Photoshop Elements 13 on my iMac for several years.

I'm in the process of switching to a Windows PC.

I've installed Photoshop Elements 13 on my PC, but the serial number that I got from my "Products" page in my Adobe account isn't accepted because it's already being used on another computer.

I went to my Mac, opened Photshop Elements 13, clicked on Help > Sign out, but unfortunately that doesn't do anything. When I open the Help menu again, it still says "Sign out (<my-adobe-id)". I've tried several times, after closing/reopening the app, restarting the Mac, nothing goes.

I thought I'd try to uninstall the app, but this doesn't work either as I've updated macOS several times over the years and the app is not supported anymore, so I get a "The app <some-guid> needs to be updated" error message.

I've also tried reinstalling the app, but the same error is shown.

I found people in the same situation, and the advice is to get someone from the support team to reset the activations count via the chat, but because I don't have a paid plan, I can't access the chat.

Is there someone from Adobe Support here that could do this for me?

Or is there any other solution that could get me to be able to use Photoshop Elements 13 on my PC?

I'd really like not to have to buy the new version to get out of this situation.

Thanks in advance 😉

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.

you need to contact adobe support* and request an activation count reset.  ask for nothing else or they're likely to refuse to do anything to help you.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS Elements 13 is unsupported.  If online chat bumps you back to the user forums, try calling.

CONTACT ADOBE SUPPORT:
================
Online Chat: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Phone M-F, during normal business hours: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If online chat bumps you back to the user forums, try calling.

...or try chat again and hope for a different agent.

Make sure to only ask to have our activations reset.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines