• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Adobe CC (Mac)

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2017 Feb 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey there, been trying to uninstall CC today as ive been noticing some problems with it but i cant get into the desktop app to unstill apps. i've tried uninstalling and reinstall the desktop app but it either sits trying to load all the time or says its "its missing or damaged and to install a new copy" which i turn does the same as before. any ideas on how to solve this?

Screen Shot 2017-02-12 at 14.09.26.pngScreen Shot 2017-02-12 at 13.04.51.png

this is what i get everytime and i cant go through the uninstall process from the individual apps as it tries to load up the CC desktop app when i do.

cheers

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi liamtk,

I understand that your Creative Cloud Desktop app is not working. Please refer the below help links for the mentioned issue.

Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem. However, it is missing or damaged

Error: "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem"

Please let us know if this helps you and if any further assistance is required. Thanks!

Regards

Himanshu Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey, tried the above steps which ive now been able to log into the CC desktop App, but it still cant load up the application tab to actually install them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I understand that you are getting spinning wheel in your CC desktop app. Please follow the below links.

I get a spinning wheel when in creative cloud > assets > files and also creative cloud > a...

Adobe Creative Cloud desktop app doesn't open or shows a spinning progress wheel

Regards
Himanshu Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

followed and its still there, ive uninstalled and re installed multiple times. still this errorScreen Shot 2017-02-12 at 16.22.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any more advice or tips to get this working? followed the above and still cant load the applications tab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liamtk were you able to locate and successfully remove the  /Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder prior to reinstalling the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application? 

In addition did you receive any errors while downloading and running the Adobe Creative Cloud desktop application uninstaller utility discussed in Error: "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem"​?

Finally what version of Mac OS do you have installed?  What occurred prior to receiving the error, "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem. However, it is missing or damaged."  Did you run a system optimizer?  Restore your from a Time Machine backup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey jeff.  yeah i had removed the OOBE file prior to reinstalling the app. it stall resorts to the "loading applications seems to be taking longer than usual"

i havent had any extra errors coming whilst running the program besides the application tab not ever loading.

i have mac OS Sierra 10.12.2

prior to trying to uninstall it the first time when the " Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem" was my first issue. i could get onto the Applications tab but i couldnt click to update or manage apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the update Liamtk.  Multiple individuals have reported success by following the steps listed in Error: "Adobe Creative Cloud is needed to resolve this problem" .  I would recommend you create a new local Administrator account and try the steps again.  You can find complete details on how to set up a new local Administrator account at Install or run Adobe applications in new user account | Mac OS X .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey there, tried creating a new admin account and going through those steps again. unless Ive not done one correctly I'm still getting the same "its taking longer than usual to load" message

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok Liamtk then I would recommend working directly with our support team at Contact Customer Care so that the error can be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines