• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VSCode TypeScript debugging an ExtendScript script

Engaged ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably a lost cause, but I'd like to know if there's any way to debug an ExtendScript script that has been transpiled from TypeScript within VS Code.

It seems that this would depend upon the ExtendScript Debugger for VS Code understanding TypeScript and their generated sourcemaps so it could find and stop at breakpoints in the .ts file, as well as show the correct line number when an error occurs.

Right now, I have to first transpile the Typescript (don't worry, I'm making sure it transpiles down to ES3 because ExtendScript is so old), then I have set breakpoints in the generated .js (or .jsx) file, then debug it with the aforementioned ExtendScript Debugger. This is less than ideal, and since it seems unlikely for Adobe to integrate TypeScript debugging with their ExtendScript debugger, I'll probably just have to live with this situation.

Unless I am incorrect and there's some way to set up the debugger in launch.json so I can set breakpoints in the .ts file and have them work?

Perhaps with the "debugServer" launch configuration option, somehow, to leverage another debugger as well? I don't know. Please let me know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We always need to transpile before debugging. Debugger does not support TypeScript.

Additionally, You can refer below. However, Its already discontinued but some forks are still maintaining.

https://github.com/pravdomil/Types-for-Adobe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines