• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What are the latest versions of my apps? (Mac)

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running the Photography Suite on a Mac, and when I start LRC I get a message that I need to update Lightroom. However, Creative Cloud says all my apps are up to date, so I can't do it that way. If I try to update either Lightroom or LRC via the "help" menu item, it tells me that updates have been disabled for my machine, and I should see my system administrator (me). I figured that a good start would be for me to find out what, in fact, the latest versions of my apps were, so I could see if I really did need updates, but danged if I can find that information! If it helps, LRC says it's version 9.4 and Lightroom says it's version 3.4.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

I just solved the problem. Elsewhere in the forums where someone had a similar problem with InDesign (I haven't figured out how to link to another post, yet, give me time 😉 was a suggestion to rename Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminprefs.dat. I did that, quit Creative Cloud, restarted it, clicked "check for updates," and now I have updates to Lightroom 5.0 and LRC 11.0 available.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of this message? You technically don't need to update, but there is a new major version of both Lightrom apps that came out during Adobe MAX last week. Lightroom Classic is now on v11 and Lightroom CC is on version 5, so it looks like you're actually two versions behind the latest. Keep in mind there's a difference between updating and uprading. LrC 9.4 is the latest version of v9, so there are no updates. You can, however, upgrade to LrC 11 if your plan allows it. Can you post some screenshots with the Creative Cloud desktop app open? There's a tab on the left called "All Apps" and you should be able to scroll down to see "Installed" and "Available in your plan."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, David. Here's a shot of what I see shortly after starting up LRC:

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 16.13.17 .png

Here's what I get when I click "update" under the "help" menu in LRC:

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 16.13.41 .png

...and here are two screen shots showing Creative Cloud with "all apps" selected:

Screen Shot 2021-11-04 at 16.14.42 .pngScreen Shot 2021-11-04 at 16.15.22 .png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha, thanks for posting those. While you are the admin of your machine, are you the admin of your Adobe account? It seems like you might have an Enterprise or CC for Teams account where the admin can control whether users are allowed to major or minor versions. If that's the case, you have to talk to your account admin and ask them to enable user updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good call! I first thought, yes, of course I'm my own account administrator, but then a light dawned: for several years, I did indeed have an institutional account through the college where I used to teach. But Adobe changed their educational pricing structure, and it became much more sensible for me to get the Photography Suite on my own. So: is there some way to determine definitively whether this is the issue, and if so, some way to convince Creative Cloud (or whoever) that I now have an individual account?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible all you need to do is uninstall the apps, sign out, sign back in, then reinstall. The icon at the top-right of thr CC app will show the email you're logged in with. If you installed those apps while under a different account maybe they retained the permissions applied by your old admin. In fact, you might just need to uninstalll and reinstall without signing out, but hey, that step only takes another minute. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just solved the problem. Elsewhere in the forums where someone had a similar problem with InDesign (I haven't figured out how to link to another post, yet, give me time 😉 was a suggestion to rename Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminprefs.dat. I did that, quit Creative Cloud, restarted it, clicked "check for updates," and now I have updates to Lightroom 5.0 and LRC 11.0 available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, I'd say this was definitely related to your old enterprise account leaving certain config files in your machine. Nice job finding a solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines