• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is my CC LR5?

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2013 Jul 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used LR5 Trial. Decided to pay the extortionate $74 monthly CC subscription, succesfully dowloaded PS and SG. LR5 is reported as installed yet is nowhere to be seen. Tried chat last night, this morning and agian tonight. Agents are never available

Windows 8

i7 oc 3.6gz

12gb

ATi HD 5770

256 ssd

80 ssd

3TB Internal

6TB external

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 19, 2013 Jul 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All representatives are actively assisting other customers. Your estimated wait time is 6 minute(s) and 19 second(s) or longer. Thank you for your patience.

You are not currently connected to a chat representative.

All representatives are actively assisting other customers. Your estimated wait time is 1 minute(s) and 55 second(s) or longer. Thank you for your patience.

All representatives are actively assisting other customers. Your estimated wait time is 2 minute(s) and 52 second(s) or longer. Thank you for your patience.

All representatives are actively assisting other customers. Your estimated wait time is 1 minute(s) and 55 second(s) or longer. Thank you for your patience.

All representatives are actively assisting other customers. Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 10 second(s) or longer. Thank you for your patience.

All representatives are actively assisting other customers. Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 36 second(s) or longer. Thank you for your patience.

All representatives are actively assisting other customers. Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 36 second(s) or longer. Thank you for your patience.

All representatives are actively assisting other customers. Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 15 second(s) or longer. Thank you for your patience.

All representatives are actively assisting other customers. Your estimated wait time is 0 minute(s) and 28 second(s) or longer. Thank you for your patience.

You are now chatting with 'Rakesh'

Rakesh: Hello. Welcome to Adobe Technical Support.

Rakesh: I have received your query. Please allow me a moment to verify your account and to review the details of your request.

Tony: thank you

Rakesh: Tony , I am really sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you in this regard.

Rakesh: As I understand you are unable to download Lightroom 5.0 . Am I correct?

Tony: No. I have downloaded five times. Installed five times via CC desktop app. When I try to open it, I'm asked for a serial number.

Rakesh: Okay.

Rakesh: Just to confirm did you follow all the steps  that was given to you by the previous agent?

Tony: Yes, and the one before and the one before that. This is my fourth agent and probably my 6th hour on chat. After this I will have no option but to BUY another license and take Adobe UK to court. Your transcript will therefor be recorded

Rakesh: I am really sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you, I will try my best to help you, Tony.

Rakesh: Please hold windows Button + R on your desktop.

Tony: here we go again

Tony: appdata?

Rakesh: Sorry Tony, Please ignore that. I will have to check your hosts file.

Rakesh: Please navigate to this location C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc .

Tony: ok

Tony: # Copyright (c) 1993-2009 Microsoft Corp. # # This is a sample HOSTS file used by Microsoft TCP/IP for Windows. # # This file contains the mappings of IP addresses to host names. Each # entry should be kept on an individual line. The IP address should # be placed in the first column followed by the corresponding host name. # The IP address and the host name should be separated by at least one # space. # # Additionally, comments (such as these) may be inserted on individual # lines or following the machine name denoted by a '#' symbol. # # For example: # # 102.54.94.97 rhino.acme.com # source server # 38.25.63.10 x.acme.com # x client host # localhost name resolution is handled within DNS itself. #     127.0.0.1 localhost #     ::1 localhost

Rakesh: Thank you, Tony.

Rakesh: I see that your hosts file is okay.

Rakesh: Tony, may I know if you are on a home network or a corporate network?

Tony: home

Rakesh: Please login to www.creative.adobe.com .

Tony: in

Rakesh: Do you see the application named as Creative Cloud?

Tony: yes

Rakesh: Please download that.

Tony: Its already installed

Rakesh: Yes. Please install again.

Tony: delete the old one first or overwrite?

Rakesh: Overwrite.

Rakesh: You can directly download the application.

Tony: The other 3 made me delete first, downloading

Rakesh: Inform me when its done.

Tony: of course

Tony: it hanged, ill try again

Tony: this software is rubbish, it fails one time in three on my laptop and a new, very powerful desktop

Rakesh: Is it done?

Tony: yes

Rakesh: Now please try to download any application from www.creative.adobe.com .

Tony: downloading illustrator. Done this before. It will work ok. Its only Lightroom

Rakesh: Okay. Please try to download Lightroom>

Tony: Illustrator cancelled, LR downloading.

Tony: very slow server

Rakesh: It will take some time.

Rakesh: I will be online for you.

Tony: The last three legged it

Tony: 40%

Rakesh: I will surely be there for you.

Tony: extracting

Tony: this will result in the same request for a license number. I must have done this 10 times

Tony: 70%

Tony: it says up to date

Rakesh: Please try to launch the application now.

Tony: it wants a serial number. Enough, this is ridiculous. You all read off the same sheet. I'm going around in circles. You have five minutes and I'm going to pay the £60 license and take adobe to court. This is my living

Rakesh: Please allow me 2 minutes.

Tony: you've got 5 and that is it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 22, 2013 Jul 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies Whycantiusemyrealname but I was out last week on leave.  Do you have a case number from our interaction with our support team which I can reference?  I do appreciate the chat transcripts but I am unable to see the current status of your case without the case number from the interaction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff, thanks for getting back to me

I usually get a follow up email with an updated case number, but this time nothing came through. I've since 'chatted' again and requested the upgrade fee be refunded, this was refused and I was told they were transferring me to another department within the chat window environment but sadly it never connected and I sat for 30 minutes whilst the cursor blinked.

I've also today advised Adobe UK (Maidenhead in Berkshire) of my intention to sue for my $80 upgrade refund and will take advice on lost income in the UK small claims court. They have 14 days to respond or defend in the courts.

With the license installed LR5 working, so at least I wont lose any more money on top of the $6k mentioned earlier. I am therefore loathe to mess around deleting any more files until a definate fix is found.

By the way, I also requested via chat that my trial be extended by another 30 days but that rather elegant, fair and obvious solution was refused flat.

So, thanks for your help, but I'll have my day in court unless somebody refunds my money and makes this right. I'd love to say this is about principles, but actually its about respect and, bottom line, money. I simply want what I paid for, but that for Adobe UK and the Indian chat centre is not, apparently part of any arrangement they are interested in.

Tony Brown - .....and why have I got such a stupid user name allocated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for the difficulties you have been facing Tony.  I was able to locate your account, thanks for confirming your name, and I do see that you have had several interactions with our support team already.

I have issued a 30 day credit to your Creative Cloud account.  I have also requested a member of our Tier 2 support team contact you to discuss the difficulties you have been experiencing.  If you would like to continue with them to resolve your current licensing issues with Lightroom they are fully enabled to assist you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jul 25, 2013 Jul 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 whycantiusemyrealname. Just letting you know you are not alone. I am having a very similar Adobe UX with a failed LR installation in CC. Still not resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you dv8kiwi and others that have contacted me. Seems to be a bigger problem than I expected, or at least more widespread.

Although the problem still exists, I have been refunded the money I paid for the upgrade by Adobe which at least solves my problem temporarily and enables me to continue working.

I've received far more help on this forum than I did from the Indian Chat agents, who read down a checklist like parrots and listen to very little that you tell them. When will companies learn that saving money employing 'university graduates' in third world countries cheapens their brand and their reputation. it starts again

So for now I'm sorted, until the LR5 updates roll out, then no doubt it starts again.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines