• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the Mac downloadable version of Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro that doesn't require activation

Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2015 Mar 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased Adobe Creative Suite 2 Premium, it cost more than €2,000. When I recently tried to re-install it due to having to reformat my hard drive I could no longer activate it over the phone or online.

When I rang the help number it directed me to the downloadable versions that don't require activation. Great! UNTIL I realise Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional is only available for Windows as a download.

Where is the download for the Mac Version as it not included in the bundle either. This is extremely urgent. Thank you in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2015 Mar 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have pm you my serial number as requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you I have responded.  If you can please send your Acrobat 7 serial number.  The Creative Suite 2 serial number is the same one I reviewed under your account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Malcom if you don't have an Acrobat 7 serial number then please respond to this discussion so that others can benefit from the steps performed.

You mentioned that your Creative Suite 2 installer allowed you to install the following applications:

Adobe Photoshop

Adobe Illustrator

Adobe InDesign

Adobe GoLive

Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional

Please custom install Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional using the custom install option in the dialog you have referenced.

Once Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional is installed please make sure to install the non-activating versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign and open them prior to opening Adobe Acrobat 7.0.  They will then license Adobe Acrobat 7.0 Professional and allow it to open successfully.

My apologies for the confusion.  Some Creative Suite 2 installations include Acrobat 7 as a separate installation with serial number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't though, I tried that already too and it doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2015 Mar 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was this question answered satisfactorily? I have the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

321hunter I would recommend reviewing the following discussions were this topic was discussed previously:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

321 hunter no this problem has not been resolved yet, you could look at those threads but you won't find an answer, the bottom line is this 321hunter I posted a comment live on the Adobe Facebook page and they recognize that its missing, they said they will be back to me shortly about this, so I will post as soon as I have an satisfactory answer. Don't waste your time going through threads as there is nothing new there. I can tell you that and I don't work for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have read the various posts in this and other threads and I have clicked on the links as suggested. (Background: The hard drive on my MacBook Air crashed and I need to reinstall various programs on the new drive, including those in CS2. I'm running OS 10.6.8.)

I get the impression from what has been written that most of the programs on the original CS2 disks require activation (InDesign and Photoshop, for example), but that at least one of them (Acrobat 7) does not.

Two questions:

1. Is it true that Acrobat 7 does not require activation? Please answer "Yes," "No," or "Don't know." Please do not refer me elsewhere!

2. If "Yes," and if I install Acrobat 7 from the original CS2 disks, using the serial number on the case, should it work without any additional action on my part? Please answer "Yes," "No," or "Don't know." Please do not refer me elsewhere!

If the answer to both questions is "Yes," I'll proceed with the installation, confident that Acrobat 7 will work. 

Thank you. I appreciate your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 312 Hunter,

1) Installing from Original Disks doesn't work anymore.

Problem: Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional requires activation from the original disks and activation is no longer available. So this won't work.

2) Installing from Adobes Webpage [Download Acrobat 7 and CS2 products] that was setup [see link] because of problem (1.) above also doesn't work, because Adobe Acrobat 7 Professional for Apple Mac does not exist on this page even though they suggest it does, it doesn't. It doesn't exist alone and it doesn't exist in the Disk Bundles they have listed either.

3) Don't waste your time looking for any other answers because at present Adobe have none and they have promised me that they are looking into this issue as they acknowledge they have made a mistake on this. So I am still waiting and I will post as soon as I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

321hunter Adobe Acrobat 7 for Mac OS does not include activation.  You will want to install from the previous installation media as was discussed in this discussion.  You are welcome to contact our support team directly at Contact Customer Care.

Malcom do you have a case number that I can reference from your recent interaction with our support team?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I wasn't given a case number yet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To maswatson

The answer to your question of March 12, 2015 – "Where is the Mac downloadable version of Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro that doesn't require activation[?]" – is … nowhere. That doesn't mean it's not available to you, however. I have successfully installed several CS2 programs and Acrobat 7, on two computers.

The hard drive on my MacBook Air crashed recently. After a new drive was installed I had to reload various programs, including CS2 Premium. I used the original disks and the serial number on the package.

When I tried to open InDesign, however, I got an "Activate Using the Internet" message which led to an "Activation Server Unavailable" message that gave me three options, the last of which was "Click the Phone Activation button to activate the product over the phone." I called the toll-fee number and heard the following recorded message: "We no longer support activation issues over the phone."

So I searched the Web, figuring that others had encountered and solved this problem. Eventually, I found "Creative Suite Help / Download Acrobat 7 and OS2 Products" at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html#.

I also found "How to Fix Adobe’s “Licensing for this product has stopped working” Error by Aaron Nelsen at http://hijinksinc.com/2010/01/20/how-to-fix-adobes-licensing-for-this-product-has-stopped-working-er.... He writes "… you MUST delete adobe_00080000_tsf.data and adobe_00080000_event.log" which is found in /Library/Preferences/FLEXnet Publisher/FLEXnet. So I did that.

I also deleted Illustrator CS2, InDesign CS2, and Photoshop CS2 from my Applications folder. I did not delete Acrobat 7 or GoLive.

After clicking on "English" at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html#, I downloaded Illustrator CS2 for Mac, InDesign CS2 for Mac, and Photoshop CS2 for Mac. I was not able to download Acrobat 7 because the only option is for Windows. As you know, there is no download for Mac.

Illustrator CS2, InDesign CS2, and Photoshop CS2 all opened without any problems. When I tried to open GoLive, I got the same "Activate Using the Internet" message I got at the outset, when I tried to open InDesign. I proceeded, and now have a 30-day trial. The same limitation has been placed on Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop, because I downloaded them, whereas GoLive was installed from the CS2 disks.

Next, I opened Acrobat 7.0 Professional – the one installed from the original CS2 disks. It works fine.

BOTTOM LINE: If you want Acrobat 7.0 Professional, install Creative Suite using original CS2 disks, then delete the other CS2 programs from those disks. If you want Illustrator CS2, InDesign CS2, Photoshop CS2, and others, download them from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html#.

I am hoping this explanation will help you. I feel great sympathy for you because the "answers" you received have been obtuse and clearly less than helpful. (I requested a "Yes," "No," or "Don't know" answer to a very straightforward question, but didn't get it.)

My experience tells me that the answer to your question "Where is the Mac downloadable version of Adobe Acrobat 7 Pro that doesn't require activation[?]" – is … nowhere, but you don't need to download it. It's on the original disks and it does not require activation. That's why Adobe did not included it with the Windows version at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs2-product-downloads.html#.

I hope this answers your question, solves your problem, and ends your frustration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2015 Mar 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The sentence before "Next, I opened Acrobat 7.0 Professional – the one installed from the original CS2 disks." should read: The same limitation has not been placed on Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop, because I downloaded them, whereas GoLive was installed from the CS2 disks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2015 Apr 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi 321hunter,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the time you took to try and help me. I have tried what you explain. By installing the CS2 full applications from the original disks I purchased, then delete Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and install them from the link. That worked for me. But then you mention that Acrobat 7.0 continues to work from the original disk installation and you didn't delete that and it doesn't require activation, while this worked for you, it won't work for me, I have tried several times believe me. I have read and re-read and re-read posts posted to my question and throughout the forum. But the fact of the matter is, Adobe are responsible now for all of this. They have been less than helpful, I purchased a product that did not state it had a time limit or expiry date. I don't require support , so the fact of the matter is Adobe are responsible to give me a copy of Acrobat 7.0 Professional that works and activates. It is not right that they stand back waiting for the problem to go away, it won't and I certainly won't. If it takes me years of posting to facebook people future customers especially will eventually notice and take heed to the atrocious handling of this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines