• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I download Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop?

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to download the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop trial but I can't because the program refuses to download. I begin to download it, and the download usually gets to about here:

Screenshot (4).png

Then the download just stops and fails, showing up like this:

Screenshot (5).png

I have tried several says of fixing this, and none work. And i have changed "OBEE" or whatever the file is called to "OOBEE.OLD", and that didn't do anything. If anyone knows how to fix this it would be great. I'm on a tight schedule and I need to get the Adobe Creative Cloud asap. Thanks!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall anything cc that you might have installed.

run the cleaner per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer and retry installing the cc desktop app, Download Adobe Creative Cloud apps | Free Adobe CC trial

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Sorry I'm a bit late on this but thanks for the suggestion. I'm trying to uninstall the CC apps I have, which I don't have a lot of. I just have the Adobe CC installer and Adobe shockwave player installed:

Screenshot (6).png

When I try to uninstalls the installer for Adobe CC desktop, it shows up as this:

Screenshot (7).png

I don't have any CC apps installed, so I think this is due to Adobe shockwave player, and in your instructions it says to uninstall all of the CC apps I have, and the only one I have is the Adobe CC installer. I think can't delete it because of Adobe shockwave player. which means I would have to uninstall adobe shockwave player in order to make it work. I don't want to uninstall shockwave flash player because of obvious reasons. What do you think I should do about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ACC has nothing to do with Shockwave.

Look at the install date.

ACC does not install shockwave.

Run the un-installer. You have a corrupt download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2015 Aug 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

first, close your cc desktop app.

then, rename the opm.db file by:

navigate to the OOBE folder.

Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

Mac OS: /User/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder

and rename the opm.db file to opm_old.db, eg

now uninstall your cc desktop app.

if you are still unable to uninstall, use Creative Cloud Help | Uninstall the Creative Cloud desktop app

then continue following the suggestions in message 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2015 Aug 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines