• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I have to pay for cancelling?

New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My school is giving me adobe for free through school licensing, and instead of hearing out the other end and making a judgement call, they decide that you need to pay 40$ to cancel something you're just going to end up getting anyways?

Is there a way to circumvent this payment, since I'm going to end back up ON adobe? That's a pretty bad future business model, if I'm being honest. You are given a month to month choice, but it's an annual subscription, instead of true month to month.

What gives?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I assume you had a subscription already and you're going to cancel that, if that is the case then take a look here at the "What happens when I cancel" bit

How to cancel your Adobe plan or membership

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are standard rules that apply when you take the subscription. One of those rules is when taking an annual subscription and you cancel early (so you do not full fill your contract) you need to pay half of the remaining due as an early termination fee. That is a standard condition you agreed on when you took the subscription.

Adobe could also say easily that an annual contract needs to be honoured till the end of the contract period.

Now, when you cancel early because your school provides you with a subscription to CC and that would make your own subscription obsolete, there is no way the cancel procedure could see that.

I recommend you to Contact Customer Care and to negotiate a waiver of the early termination fee as you have a good and understandable reason to cancel.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I'll contact them in the morning.

I understand that there is a "contract" but it doesn't make it less ridiculous. If you're paying monthly it should be just that...Monthly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's still an ​ANNUAL​ plan....

...paid monthly. There is nothing ridiculous.

Either you have a student plan or the Photography plan and both plans are ​only​available as annual plans.

And you see on my screen shot that there is also a ​MONTHLY ​plan, that can be cancelled at the end of each month.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you wait & cancel your plan in the 12th month, there is no penalty fee for early cancellation .

Adobe Subscription and Cancellation Terms | Adobe

Contact customer care and ask them if they can waive the 50% termination fee for you.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines