• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Photoshop need updating everyday?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2014 Feb 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Creative Cloud seems to have an update for Photoshop everyday. I would update it and it would finish its update. Then, the next day, I start my computer, only to find another update for Photoshop. Are others having a similar issue with the same or other programs?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi bmarsh31,

What is the current version of Photoshop that you have?

If it's not the latest and then try downloading the latest update manually from : http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/product.jsp?product=39&platform=Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Creative Cloud. So the latest version of Photoshop, well, at least I think the latest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please launch Photoshop, go to the 'Help' menu and select 'About Photoshop' to check the exact version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that's the latest patch.

Please sign out from Creative cloud and sign in back to see if the updates are coming back up again.

• Click on the Gear icon.
  • Click on Preferences>>General>> Account>> Sign out.

Remove the OPM.db file and relogin into the Creative Cloud desktop application using the Adobe ID tied to your subscription.

1. Navigate to the OOBE folder.
    Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
    Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE folder
  2. Delete the opm.db file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have signed out, but when I navigate to the Mac OS folder you mentioned, there are about 10 more sub-folders and no opm.db file.

...  Adobe > OOBE > PDApp > ...

Is the opm.db file suppose to only be within the OOBE folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is supposed to be present in this folder.

Do you have Write permissions to the OOBE folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Read & Write.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.

I have recently got Photoshop CC2014 paid subscription plus extension manager CC.

I am running a 2011 iMac i5 27inch and Mavericks 10.9.4.

I get a notification telling me that i have 2 updates Photoshop and Extension Manager, i update and when i close and come back to either the same updates are there again asking me to update. See Screenshot.

If someone has a solution i'd really appreciate it.

Many thanks for your time.

Mike

Screen Shot 2014-07-06 at 18.38.16.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone ??????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Evry other day at best. And it is annoying. It hangs my computer. It interferes with all my other programs. It's very invasive. And to be honest if there were another alternative I would use it. As I'm writing this right now I am updating it after having updated it yesterday. I'm going to come out and say Adobe sucks. And it's really ticking me off to no end because it's interfering with my productivity. It sucks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you simply turn off the "auto-update" settings in the Creative Cloud Desktop app, then you can decide when you want to have your apps update rather than it happening automatically.

Here's Adobe's help page for that:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/creative-cloud-updates.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding.
However, I did that. Twice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2022 May 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, I *must* point this out because it has been another symptom.

Every day this week and almost every other day other times, Creative Cloud pops up saying it needs to be repaired. 
I have the option to quit or repair. I click repair, and the next day, the same thing happens.
I've done a little bit of "web research" and this problem has been going on since 2018?
Maybe earlier?
This is an ongoing issue that either you cannot address or will not. 
There are only two possibilities.
Either way, it doesn't work well for those who have to use photoshop or any other memory-intensive applications because your app then causes an unpredictable and unserviceable computer condition.
Not cool.
So... not cool. 
I've been with photoshop since it was 2.0.
It has *never* been annoying until now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines