• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is adobe making us pay monthly?

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2015 Jun 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is not fair for adobe to ask for money from everyone by asking us to pay $9.99 monthly for everything in the creative cloud and will not even allow us to have the option to pay a full price upfront for only one software. This needs to be fixed.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 02, 2016 May 02, 2016

Future market growth, ongoing stable revenue streams (monthly subscription payments) and generate bigger returns for shareholders are some of the strongest reasons for me.

Several analyses online:

http://www.digitalartsonline.co.uk/news/creative-software/analysis-real-reason-adobe-ditched-creative-suite-for-creative…

Why Creative Cloud Gets Free Upgrades but Adobe CS6 Doesn’t | ProDesignTools 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2018 Nov 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I think of all the years and money I spent with Adobe on all their packages and upgrades, this is terrible and nothing but a corporate profit view and a slap in the face to every longtime Adobe Software user ! Disgusted !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very typical as corporations have moved to "Cloud" computing.  Higher profit margins with a subscription base service.  Simply do not subscribe, and Google free alternatives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I’ve made up the numbers. We are paying +- the same as we would with the old system. So the difference is that the license is not perpetual. And the initial invest is less. Result: We added two licenses.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018 Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am by far a beginner at using all of Adobe’s software. In college I had access to it for free, and I bought the Dreamweaver and Illustrator textbooks because I thought I would learn the programs someday. Well, now I’m out of college & realize that I have to pay $50 per month for the software.  So, I plan on burning those books in my fireplace, as I am certainly not going to pay that exorbitant price as a casual user (and I definitely don’t want to see these books on my bookshelf everyday to be reminded of the negative experience). I can understand asking that price of someone who uses these programs for a living, but for the average Joe like me, why should I pay this? Give me the why, Adobe?  Surely your marketing department has done the calculus on pricing to determine that is the price which will maximize profits?   I’m feeling disenchanted with the brand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2018 Dec 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joec33887969  wrote

I can understand asking that price of someone who uses these programs for a living, but for the average Joe like me, why should I pay this? Give me the why, Adobe?  

Why shouldn't you? They are professional programs costing in the pre subscription times several thousand dollars. You where under perpetual license and perpetual pressure to upgrade because of the advances in technology making your software obsolete. You guys simply didn't live in the pre-subscription period.

I agree that the subscription has some disadvantages for the causal user. But the casual user may as well take the monthly subscription when he needs it. It's easy, clean and cheap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing more cost effective than a one time purchase where you own the software unless it's free or very inexpensive software. Most companies or individuals don't want the hassle and just keep paying and paying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jeannao57036272  wrote

Most companies (...) don't want the hassle and just keep paying and paying.

Wrong! Why do comapnies have leasing options? Why do companies rent office space and do not buy?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a list of other options on Twitter after the recent increase in monthly rates. It's supposed to happen in the US after it takes effect in other countries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are now contradicting all those pretending that Adobe has a monopoly. I agree, there are alternatives I’m using some of them... in parallel to Adobe products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does offer a pay up front option for many of the plans, you'd just want check for this option before beginning the purchase process. Also, the increase for United States, Canada, and Mexico already happened back in April 16, 2018. If you select the US from here: Price increase region selector  it mentions it at the top of the article.

Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 2.18.11 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did they completely remove the option to pay monthly and cancel any time with out comitting to pay for a whole year? I read some place that it was possible to choose a payment plan like that and I originally thought, that was the plan I had. Turned out I was wrong when I tried to cancel and was notified I had to pay a cancellation fee. I cancelled none the less because there is no money in my account to pay for it anyway. I had a hard couple of years and I'm now flat brooke. Nothing I can do about that. Adobe got the last money I had left in my account today. That's when I remembered that I should cancel my plan. And then I realized that I har chosen the wrong payment plan. But when I checked afterwards there was no other option then a monthly supcription commiting for a year or a prepaid plan for a whole year. Did I just imagine it?   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOME programs are available Monthly https://forums.adobe.com/message/10817508 - links and pictures

-the special Photography Plan is ONLY available on an annual plan, with monthly or 1 annual payment

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There still exists a per month plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines