Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Windows 10 - XD Beta Installation problem

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2016 Dec 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I was just trying to download the windows10 beta that became available yesterday.

Whenever I click install the application gets downloaded to some percentage (around 22 or 78, nothing specific) and then cancels and throws an error.

I have tried to reinstall the CreativeCloud-Application through all proposed options (reinstall, cc-cleaner-tool, install as admiin-account). None works.

Applications other than XD update/install just fine.

Exit Code: 191

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 191) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'UWPAssets', version:0.6.8.6

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: UWPAssets Version: 0.6.8.6). Error code: '191'

ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Creative Cloud\HDCore\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with xml
Adobe.CC.XD
C:\adobeTemp\ETRC740.tmp\1\SparklerApp\SparklerApp.appxbundle
x64
CN=Adobe Systems Incorporated, OU=Adobe Systems, O=Adobe Systems Incorporated, L=San Jose, S=California, C=US, SERIALNUMBER=2748129, OID.2.5.4.15=Private Organization, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.2=Delaware, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3=US
adbxd:

Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00
x64
CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
C:\adobeTemp\ETRC740.tmp\1\SparklerApp\Dependencies\x64\Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.appx

false

with error code 1

ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Hi felixn96 & андрейи59866130, 

As ciscoguzman  mentioned Experience Design (Beta) requires Windows 10 Anniversary Update and later. Please make sure you have updated your system with the latest Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Learn more about Windows 10 Anniversary Update here:- How to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Windows Experience BlogWindows Experience Blog .

Please try to install XD after applying Windows 10 Anniversary Update and share the results.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry to hear that you're having trouble installing XD for Windows 10.  I know how frustrating that can be and I'm sorry. I'm going to do everything I can to make sure you're up and running ASAP.

I'm forwarding this message to one of our team in the hopes of figuring this out.

In the meantime, please go to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/13443/windows-which-operating-system

and please provide me with information on which version of Windows 10 you are running.

XD requires that you have Windows 10 Anniversary Update (64-bit) - Version 1607 (build 10.0.14393) or later

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-design/help/system-requirements.html

Thanks, sorry again, and I'll keep you updated on what I find out on our end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 64-bit 1607

updated "Anniversary Update"

thanks for the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did updating to Anniversary Update fix your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

не исправляются

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, all-

This particular error code is reflective of a more general UWP installation issue. I'm moving this to the installer forum to get more specialized people on the issue.

-Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell me if it turned out that on this issue?

Maybe the fact that the windows 10 must be professional version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2016 Dec 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi felixn96 & андрейи59866130, 

As ciscoguzman  mentioned Experience Design (Beta) requires Windows 10 Anniversary Update and later. Please make sure you have updated your system with the latest Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Learn more about Windows 10 Anniversary Update here:- How to get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update - Windows Experience BlogWindows Experience Blog .

Please try to install XD after applying Windows 10 Anniversary Update and share the results.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im updated Windows 10, version 1709. but not work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved this by reinstalling microsoft's "App Installer" from microsoft store (it comes with windows, but many "things" come with windows so probably many users just think it is bloatware and remove it on a fresh install) , this allowed XD installer to install the appx files mentioned in the log and finish installing successfully. Hope this helps someone, took me many hours of research to realise it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines