Highlighted

Adobe CC: Stop Auto Update

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to control when Adobe CC updates, so how can I turn off auto-update? I've been searching my account prefs and the genreal help section and cannot find the answer to this question. Thanks in advance for any help offered!

a2studio the mandatory updates are often necessary for you to continue accessing the services and other components that are utilized as a part of your Creative Cloud membership.

With an individual account, you can gain some level of control by turning off the option for the Creative Cloud desktop app to open at Start-up.  The moment that the Creative Cloud desktop app is opened, and an update is available, then it will fetch the update.

We do offer far more control of the update process with Creative Cloud for Team or Enterprise memberships.  These memberships are designed with the features necessary to use Adobe apps within an organization.  This includes the ability to create local installation files and push out updates at a time of your choosing.

Finally, please see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html which discusses the enhancements that have been implemented during updates for the Creative Cloud desktop app.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe CC: Stop Auto Update

Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to control when Adobe CC updates, so how can I turn off auto-update? I've been searching my account prefs and the genreal help section and cannot find the answer to this question. Thanks in advance for any help offered!

a2studio the mandatory updates are often necessary for you to continue accessing the services and other components that are utilized as a part of your Creative Cloud membership.

With an individual account, you can gain some level of control by turning off the option for the Creative Cloud desktop app to open at Start-up.  The moment that the Creative Cloud desktop app is opened, and an update is available, then it will fetch the update.

We do offer far more control of the update process with Creative Cloud for Team or Enterprise memberships.  These memberships are designed with the features necessary to use Adobe apps within an organization.  This includes the ability to create local installation files and push out updates at a time of your choosing.

Finally, please see https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html which discusses the enhancements that have been implemented during updates for the Creative Cloud desktop app.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 31, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Open Creative Cloud application
  • Open preferences by clicking the gear icon on the top right of the window
  • Go into the Apps section of the window that opens, there you have the option to disable auto updates.

See the screenshot below for reference

Screenshot 2020-07-31 at 5.23.44 PM.png

-Manan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 2
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a2studio to add to Manan's response even if you turn off auto-updates, mandatory updates will still be installed.  The recently release of version 5.2.1.441 Creative Cloud desktop app is an example of a mandatory update.  You can find more information on how you can control the update process at https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/update-app.html.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff Wright, Thanks for this additional information. I do have the Apps auto-update on off, so that's why I was surprised when the CC app was updating on its own. And I couldn't figure out how to stop it. Your email basically says that I cannot. That is a function that I do not like. I don't want software on my computer to decide when to go online, download and install software. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 31, 2020 0
a2studio LATEST
Community Beginner ,
Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the additional information. Alice

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 04, 2020 0