• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Cloud use Parallel instead of my native Mac.

New Here ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I have Parallel installed on my mac and the ACloud started to open using windows browser intead of safari on my mac. it is using parallel on the background for update etc which is using some memory from the mac when not needed. How can I set adobe to ONLY use the Mac ?

Thank you

🙂

K.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2020 May 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sound like you may have installed the Cloud Desktop Windows b

version, while Parallels was running. I suggest uninstalling Cloud Desktop, quitting Parallels, then downloading and installing the Mac version. 

Adobe Community Expert / Adobe Certified Instructor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IIRC Parallels is a Virtual Macine software program that you install Windows, or some other operating system in.

What is sound like is happening is you have this parallels Virtual Machine software set to Start, Open, when you start your Mac and it is automatically starting whatever version of Windows (probably Win 10) you have installed and that is Automatically starting the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop app and then updating whatever Adobe programs you have installed in Windows that is running on the Paralleles Desktop Virtual Machine.

Shut all that down and then stop it from starting when you turn on your Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines