• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CS6 Design and web premium won't install

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried contacting sostumer support, but I was told they only handle billing and to get help here. So here is the issue: I purchased Adobe CS6 Design and web premium several years and three computers ago. Last year, when I changed computers, I was told that I had to download the product from the licensing software website. It was nearly impossible, because of how poorly that website works, but I kept trying and one day that website worked and let me download the files and installation then proceeded without incident. This time, I downloaded the files from the same website. When I went to run the files, it said the files must first be extracted, but when I tried to extract them, it gave an error message saying that a problem occurred while extracting the files and to check that there is space available (this is a new computer, full of space) and write privilages on the destination folder. I changed the write privledges and retried, but continued to get the same error.

I then contacted customer service, who acted like they were willing to help me. They asked me to download two large files and then install them and let them know when that was done. I downloaded the files fine. But when I tried to install, I got the error that the archive part was missing. I informed the customer service agent, who never replied and after waiting for an hour or so for a response, the chat was disconnected on their side. I was then sent an email saying to contact them again. I just now tried to do that and got someone claiming that they only handle billing and to post my problem over here. So now I am very annoyed with Adobe's customer service and I still can't make CS6 install.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is from 2012 and is no longer supported by Adobe

Mac or Windows, and EXACTLY which operating system version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creative Suite won't work on Catalina or Big Sur.  It's too old.  And the old Creative Suite installers won't work on Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

I shouldn't have to mention that CS6 is too outdated for web authoring.  The web has changed too much in 8-9 years.  Flash is dead -- Flash Player end of life is Dec 31st.

Creative Cloud has several affordable plans to choose from.
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines