• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe email requesting my phone number

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.  I'm brand new to this subscription model.  I installed LR Classic and Creative Cloud about 3 weeks ago.  First monthly sub has been deducted.

Today I received an email supposedly from Adobe saying that they need my phone number.

My phone number is in my account profile information already, and has been for 3 weeks.

The email looks to me to be ridgy didge.  I have been playing with secure systems for 30 years and I can't see any flaws in the email.  Doesn't mean there aren't any - the last PayPal phishing attempt I got almost fooled me!

Any thoughts on why Adobe would ask this question if they already had the info that they are asking for?  I've seen Adobe's phishing instruction and have examined the email using them.  I am a little confused.

TOPICS
New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I posted about the same issue and my phone number was already listed and current as is yours. I don't have an answer other than to say you're not alone in your curiosity & concern. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-for-mobile/adobe-email-asking-for-my-phone-number/td-p/1114... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines