• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe process filling hard drive

Explorer ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the past couple of days I have noticed that AdobeGCClient.exe process has been running at a constant 13% of processor usage.  At the same time my boot drive has filled up, going from 115GB of free space to 5GB of free space.  I found several files in my C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp folder like "adobegc 9-25-2015 21-09-41.log".  Some are over 6GB in size.  I deleted them all and restarted the computer, but the files started appearing again.  I manually shut down the AdobeGCClient.exe process and the log files stopped accumulating.  What is this process, and why has it suddenly started filling my hard drive?  I've used CC for a long time and never had this problem before.

System Specs:

Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit

Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3.40GHz

Boot drive 256GB SSD

1TB 2 disc RAID 0 pair for video editing

Numerous other drives, none close to full

16GB RAM

Thanks for any assistance.

Mike

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Please delete the logfiles and reinstall the Adobe Creative Desktop App. This should take care of things.

FAQ: How do I download and install the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App?

If you still have this issue after reinstalling the Desktop App, then you can contact our support staff for assistance:

FAQ: How can I contact Adobe for support?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2015 Sep 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2015 Oct 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings. I'm also having the same problem - it's still occurring, my machine is a bit slower than usual and my hard drive fills inside of 2 days if I don't shut this down. I posted the message below on 9/28 and it was closed the same day without a response. Any advice would be helpful.

Twice since Saturday I have received Windows system messages about being out of disk space. I have traced the issue to an accumulation of Adobe log files located in C:\Users\<userid>\AppData\Local\Temp named adobegc<date><time>.log. These logs files are created at the rate of once an hour and most are about 6.5 GB in size, except the log files created between 3am and noon are 0 bytes. Ordinarily, my 500 GB hard drive is about half full. I can delete the logs but I don't know how to prevent them from accumulating to begin with.

I have the following Adobe products installed:

Acrobat DC

AIR

Creative Cloud

Dreamweaver CC 2015

Extension Manager

Fireworks CS6

Flash Player 19 (NPAPI and PPAPI)

Help Manager

Illustrator CC 2015

Reader XI

This problem first occurred on the 26th. Creative Cloud had been updated to the most recent version on the 24th. Adobe AIR and Flash Player were both updated on the 26th. None of the other applications have been updated recently.

What should I do to resolve this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2015 Oct 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add me to this least as well.  Started maybe two weeks ago the low space prompts. I also have an SSD for my C drive that was maxing out and tracked it to these same files in the Temp directory.  I then moved that directory to an mSATA drive I use for swap space and various files as temp space for Premier and After Effects previews, the reason I installed it. This stabilized my C drive and now the mSATA drive within a day or two will max out the 50-60GB. It's gotten to be that I leave my Explorer window open to that directory so when the prompt occurs, I'm already in the directory to delete them all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2015 Oct 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is STILL occurring and my hard drive is regularly filling up. Once adobegc.log gets full (at 6.72GB) the contents are transferred to adobegc<date><time>.log files. I'm really hoping someone here has an answer, I don't have time to sit on hold with support. The log file entries are all repeated lines of:

10/19/15 13:01:55:735 | [DEBUG] |  |  |  | AdobeGCSignatureRuleImpl |  |  | 7676 | Failed to fetch the major version for productCode : {AC76BA86-1033-FFFF-7760-000000000006}

This is the product code for Acrobat 11 which is no longer on my system, having been replaced by Acrobat DC.

How do I resolve this error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2015 Oct 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I having same issues. AdobeGCClient is using 13% to 15% of cpu time on a constant basis. I first noticed this as the fan on my Thinkpad with Win 10 was running on high continually.  I look at the cpu usage, and this process was at the top of the chart. Unacceptable. So I killed the process itself and noticed no change to Adobe CC programs.

I do not notice this behavior running Adobe CC on my 15" Macbook Pro Retina in either OSX or Win 10 (via Parallels), but then again, the Mac's fan rarely comes on even when cpu temp hits the 90's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What apps are you running? If you use Adobe After Effects, then make sure your cache prefernces are set lower. I had my cache set at 150g. I ruduced it to 40g.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t run After Effects at all. Just PS, ID, AI, BR, LR & Muse 99% of time. I’ll be monitoring the Adobe Client thing going forward. Thx for the suggestion, tho’

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please delete the logfiles and reinstall the Adobe Creative Desktop App. This should take care of things.

If you still have this issue after reinstalling the Desktop App, then you can contact our support staff for assistance:

FAQ: How can I contact Adobe for support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2015 Oct 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to make sure I do it right I should uninstall the Creative Cloud app first, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling the CC app seems to have remedied the issue for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great! I am glad to hear that solved your situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled the Creative Cloud Desktop App and it seems to have resolved the problem. No additional logs have been created in the 4 hours since reinstall. Note to the others, you do not need to uninstall the Creative Cloud software, you can just reinstall over the existing version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled over the existing installation and the logs keep coming. I am going to uninstall and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ugh. The problem is back as of early November 2nd. Why?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened up the windows task manager and manually stopped the AdobeGCClient process 2 days ago. So far I have had no more log files created.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2015 Oct 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too tried installing over it, but it still seems to create these files.  When I try to delete CC alone, it won't let me saying I have other apps that need to be deleted first that are using CC.  Do I we have to delete the entire suite before CC, which would be a pain to have to download everything all over again and setup, or is there a way to just do CC and reinstall that?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can uninstall just the Creative Cloud Desktop App and then reinstall it:

Uninstall Creative Cloud Desktop app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am encountering the same issue on a Mac, how do I delete the Log files on a Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines