• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I upgrade from Photoshop CS2? [Was: Newbie Novice Question...]

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Complete beginner artist just learning PS and love it.  Got a free CS2 download last year from Adobe site.  Have very limited use of internet, so can't use CC (cloud?) so I have to work offline. Can I upgrade to CS5 or ?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2016 Jan 18, 2016

Few points to note here since the replies you've received so far are not entirely accurate:

1. The CS2 download you've been using is not free. It's provided to people who have previously paid for CS2. Anyone can view the page, download the software and use the serial number (no-one knows why Adobe has done that) but it's only intended for existing customers.
  2. There are no upgrades available from CS2. It's too old. You cannot upgrade to CS5 or CS6.
  3. Your options are to buy a new full version of CS6 or jo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Yes, you ca upgrade to Creative Suite 5 for Photoshop or any other product and can download the Trial installer from the link as follows. In order to activate the Trial version of Creative Suite 5 products you will need to purchase/get a license serial key to activate the Trial version of the product and once activated you can use the product in Offline Mode.

Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 products

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply!  I guess what I'm hoping to find out is if I will need to pay for a full version... or can I just pay for the upgrade as it's so much less expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, for upgraded and licenses for a full version, you need to pay and purchase a license for that product version where you get a license serial key. You need to enter the serial key when the product prompts for activation and that will activate the product and will be able use it in full version or else the product will only run in Trial version for 30 days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Few points to note here since the replies you've received so far are not entirely accurate:

1. The CS2 download you've been using is not free. It's provided to people who have previously paid for CS2. Anyone can view the page, download the software and use the serial number (no-one knows why Adobe has done that) but it's only intended for existing customers.
  2. There are no upgrades available from CS2. It's too old. You cannot upgrade to CS5 or CS6.
  3. Your options are to buy a new full version of CS6 or join the Cloud
  4. The Cloud does not need a continuous internet connection to be used. You download, install and run Cloud software the same way you've always done. An occasional internet connection (every 99 days or less) is required for a license check, that's all.
  5. Before you commit to any purchase, check that your computer and operating system meet the requirements to run the current version of Photoshop. A lot has changed since CS2.
    Photoshop system requirements

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

John!  Thanks so much for your insight and clearing this up!  And also for the link. Starting school soon, so I'm going to get a student version. Best regards & Happy New Year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines